4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LCA's has anyone heard of this brand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Default LCA's has anyone heard of this brand?

They look like they are high quality, kinda similar the the upr adjustables.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-04...Q5fAccessories
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

high quality and upr dont belong in the same sentence
Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
high quality and upr dont belong in the same sentence
Did u have a bad experience with their products? I usually hear good things about them.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by marcuslee842
Did u have a bad experience with their products? I usually hear good things about them.
my buddy has their cc plate kit on his cobra and its the biggest piece of junk...that and upr and gms use the same designs, and gms is garbage too....the only time i will ever use upr/gms is if i have no other options close to my price range or needs... (manual brake conversion, and coil over kit are the only 2 products i have from upr/gms)
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ Ooops, that is UMI not UPR. The UPR LCA's I often recommend are a completely different desing and MUCH better, IMO.

Either way, I would NOT use that LCA as it has a major design flaw, IMO. The spherical end is on the wrong side!!! This will cause undo stress to the torque boxes and bind-up on the sway bar. That LCA will stay parallel with the body, while the spherical end allows better articulation of the axle (in theory). Since the sway bar length will follow the axle, but the ENDS are bolted directly to the LCA's, you will have binding while during body roll on corners.

The UPR LCA's are poly/spherical, but ends are in the reverse of this one, so def. pass on those.

Jazzer
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
^ Ooops, that is UMI not UPR. The UPR LCA's I often recommend are a completely different desing and MUCH better, IMO.

Either way, I would NOT use that LCA as it has a major design flaw, IMO. The spherical end is on the wrong side!!! This will cause undo stress to the torque boxes and bind-up on the sway bar. That LCA will stay parallel with the body, while the spherical end allows better articulation of the axle (in theory). Since the sway bar length will follow the axle, but the ENDS are bolted directly to the LCA's, you will have binding while during body roll on corners.

The UPR LCA's are poly/spherical, but ends are in the reverse of this one, so def. pass on those.

Jazzer
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:30 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

good catch jazzer i wasnt even paying attention until i saw the installed pics, they are backwards design lol.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
good catch jazzer i wasnt even paying attention until i saw the installed pics, they are backwards design lol.
Jazzer is the suspension oracle. He knows his stuff thats why I follow his advice on susp mods. I wish I would have noticed that before I bought them, I'm trying to get out of the deal now. This has not been my week, first I get burned for waiting too long to buy stuff, now I get burned for buying too soon. To make things worse I have no clue why I bought these instead of the upr adjustables I've been planning on the whole time. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:04 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

I was able to cancel it and get the UPR ones I was supposed to get in the first place. So list of things that I have now is:
X2 balljoints
Steeda bumpsteet kit
Roush Stage 2 springs
KYB shocks and struts
Upr adj control arms
UPR Shark c/c plates
Offset steering rack bushings
Shorter endlinks

And next month (hopefully)
Strut Tower Brace
Weld in Full Length SFC's
UPR upper control Arms

My suspension is so worn and busted the rear of the car is sagging and the rear end skips over the the smallest bumps in the street. Hopefully this will give me better handling and stability. My car is almost scary to drive, so I i'm going to start the install in a week or two.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I would recommend the SFC's sooner, but as long as you get them installed, you will be fine.

Jazzer

Quick Reply: LCA's has anyone heard of this brand?