4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

paint job, too long!!!! BODY SHOPS

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Default paint job, too long!!!! BODY SHOPS

i droped my saleen off 25 days ago , the car is black and am changing the color to Metlica Orange, so he has to change the whole colori i under stand no body work reall 2 dents. car sat for first week untouched, i started going up to the shop to make sure they were doing work, the owner of the shop tells me one deadline car will be ready, i go to get it, its pushed back again, and again and again. at this point i am going up to the body shop everyday and started to get pissed. but i never told the body shop guys wtf ur taking too long , get my **** down or was ever rude. untill tonight, they told me they were painting my car and come look at it in a few hours, i come to loook at it no one is at the shop but some young body guy who says "what you want" i said see my car he said no ones here. then i pull my phone out and he says "who are you calling" he thinks im calling the head body man to complain. but at this point i was pissed they are taking for ever, and tonight when i came to look at my car the guy seem pissed that i was coming to look at my own car. his giving me a deal on the paintjob so thats why i didn't complain that much. but come on now there not even working on my car. i paid 3600. said it be down in 2 weeks its been over. am i being to pushy?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:29 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

nope id be pissed too! but i would have already talked to the owner days ago. i understand that shops get busy, and im usually understanding enough not to make a big deal about things but thats rediculous. either tell him to get started on your car asap or go somewhere else!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Damn that's a long time. My buddy paints in his shop behind his house and guarantees 2 weeks and only charges 1200-2000 depending on the paint.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

thats what i was thinking its alot of time. thing it is it sat and then it only took them 2 days to get the car ready for paint. he tells me we are painting the car tomrrow, then the next day. i cant pull it out becuse it was thu insurance, i paid out of pocket for the extra. car is in too deep now to pull it out. he preped the car but not the body kit , i dont get it, my car bumpers are siting out side just laying there unpreped. what made me mad was how he seemed mad i came to see my car, i came to the shop 5 time today and stayed untill 3 am last night to make sure they were painting my car. i just dont know what else to do. the paint he is using is z06 orange, i cant be to mean becuse i am geting a discouont, i dont know what to do
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

3600 aint no discount man....ide be ****ing pissssssed
Old 05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

even to fix some dents, and change color, he said the color was alot, is 21 days along time for a change of color all over paint job
Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

3 weeks wouldnt be bad if it was done in 3 weeks, assuming its a busy shop...

if the shop is slow, it really shouldnt take more than 1-2
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

its like my car his hostage, i just got so mad over the way the kid talked to me, like o not this guy again. that car is my baby, and its summer now and the wheather is nice and it sucks. i dont know its like in my head i cant stop thinking about my car. i drove a altima as a rent a car and i hate it! I never realized how much i really love my saleen mustang
Old 05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

and its just he tells me a deadline and i get all happy thinking im about to get my car and i dont, thats happen about 3 times!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

alot of shops work off referral.... he's obviously not a smart business owner.

obviously he knows that he can drag his feet with the car, unfortunatly alot of places try to take on more work than they can handle cause they dont want to turn away work, but this type of crap happens.

GOOD LUCK! i hope the paint turns out frickin nice cause a rework will drag on forever.

Quick Reply: paint job, too long!!!! BODY SHOPS