4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

selling my car, help with value

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
kingofqueenz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackWidow00GT
Your logic will not change the fact that your car will not be leaving your possession anytime soon. Also your opinion on the rims on my car is the stupidest assessment I have ever heard. Each person has his own taste. So please tell me how that has to do with taking care of a car and if you want more examples of cobras in that price point i can gladly put up more.
Ok let me put it into plain words, someone who puts on cheap azz ugly rims on their mustang, is usually a person who probably didn't maintain their car very well and beat the crap out of it. Why you ask? because thats the stereotype. All i wanted was an opinion, and your giving me examples of cheap cobras, who probably got the crap beaten out of them and are traded in at a dealer. You will not find a privately owned mint cobra for under 21k in NY. I have a very low reserve on my car, close to what you said, but i will not give that away on here. Its priced at 14,800 buy it now with the new rims and my 17 inch bullitt rims. So if someone doesnt opt for that they can have my car at a very good deal.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Well let me put my opinion in plain words. All i did was tell you that with that price you can get a cobra. I didn't say a termi I said a cobra. I don't know if your aware of it or not but they did make cobras in other years besides 03-04 OK.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
kingofqueenz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackWidow00GT
Well let me put my opinion in plain words. All i did was tell you that with that price you can get a cobra. I didn't say a termi I said a cobra. I don't know if your aware of it or not but they did make cobras in other years besides 03-04 OK.
you didn't specify the year. Some people don't care about speed in regards to "newness" and condition. Theres alot of people that would take my well maintained 2004, over a 99 or 01 cobra with a worn out exterior and interior.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Why do they have to be worn out. In my time in the mustang world plenty of pristine cars no matter the year but I am done with this conversation. I gave you my opinion and it seems you want not part of it. So if you really want to get out of your car i would take Mad SVT advice. Even though i still don't think you will get 12k for it.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I paid $12k cash for my '03 GT, with 30k miles, in December of 2006. This is a similar car, one year newer--in May of 2009 and this ecenomy, $10k would be a sell it fairly quickly price, $9k or less would be a sell it now price.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:42 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

overpriced....

you've been trying to sell it since early january and its obviously not selling. why not drop the price? you should've expected to lose money with mods. you never get an even return. (usually not even 50%) so that mods tally is laughable. think as if you were the buyer.

unless you get lucky, i doubt you'll get much more than 10k.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

I am glad some people on this forum can think straight.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
kingofqueenz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
overpriced....

you've been trying to sell it since early january and its obviously not selling. why not drop the price? you should've expected to lose money with mods. you never get an even return. (usually not even 50%) so that mods tally is laughable. think as if you were the buyer.

unless you get lucky, i doubt you'll get much more than 10k.
I know i didn't expect it at all, thats why i asked for everyones opinion, and i will price it accordingly. What i did expect is to get a decent amount over 10k, because if i trade it in for a 2010 automatic stang, they are giving me 10k trade in. The nissan dealer is also willing to give me 10k, and id get a 370z from them. They told me to try to sell it privately and i should get around 13-14k, which seemed reasonable.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingofqueenz
I know i didn't expect it at all, thats why i asked for everyones opinion, and i will price it accordingly. What i did expect is to get a decent amount over 10k, because if i trade it in for a 2010 automatic stang, they are giving me 10k trade in. The nissan dealer is also willing to give me 10k, and id get a 370z from them. They told me to try to sell it privately and i should get around 13-14k, which seemed reasonable.
that sounds like a decent deal on the trade-in. i'd give it another month before i said screw it and traded it in. hopefully you'll get some better luck in the summer months.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
isjoining
3rd Gear Member

10k trade in is pretty close to your 11k private party value according to KBB, If i were you i would take the trade in offer.

Quick Reply: selling my car, help with value