4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Estimated HP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Hey he has an aluminum flywheel! your estimate is way off now. I'd say 306-311
good call
Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
crandallcobra

he guys.... I have a similar question...I have a 2001 cobra.. when I got it I began building it up with suspension mods to include a strut tower brace, eibach springs, upr k-member, a-arms, subframe connectors, a rear shock tower brace, hotchkiss caster camber plates, and then I put in the pro 5.0 shifter....which I love and have had on all my stangs but I've been a 302 fan forever. After I did the suspension I put in a centerforce clutch and an aluminum flywheel because I'm a cerforce nut. After this I went into the the engine mods. Starting with the exhaust I used a non-cat bassani x-pipe with the bassani ceramic coated long tube headers with single in single out resonator style magnapack mufflers. I put in a MSD ignition and some blaster coil on plugs from granatelli as well. I have the steeda underdrive pulleys, an accufab twin blade throttle body with the largest bore possible. My upper and lower intake was ported polished and what not also. my gears are 3.73's....another aspect I have always loved in my 302 fox bodies. I have a SCT excalibrator computer chip/programmer too. My last mod thus far has been a set of 39# injectors from a 04 cobra a budy of mine had and his C&L mass airflow which I believe is a 90 or 95 mm. before putting them in I bought a bbk cold air intake and a C&L powerpipe. Installing the powerpie, MAF, and cold air intake was a difficult task due to space and the overall length of the pipe being about 1 inch longer because I used two different brands.
I am trying to figure out what the hp is at the crank and rear wheels are? Also, after doing the injector swap I am trying to decide if I used the correct size injectors when I did my swap? I haven't had any fuel pump problems but if it is larger I may be loosing some throttle response, correct? Do you use the hp at the crank or rear wheels when determining the injector size?....all of this computer stuff has become difficult! Please help fellow enthusiasts!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
crandallcobra

he guys.... I have a similar question...I have a 2001 cobra.. when I got it I began building it up with suspension mods to include a strut tower brace, eibach springs, upr k-member, a-arms, subframe connectors, a rear shock tower brace, hotchkiss caster camber plates, and then I put in the pro 5.0 shifter....which I love and have had on all my stangs but I've been a 302 fan forever. After I did the suspension I put in a centerforce clutch and an aluminum flywheel because I'm a cerforce nut. After this I went into the the engine mods. Starting with the exhaust I used a non-cat bassani x-pipe with the bassani ceramic coated long tube headers with single in single out resonator style magnapack mufflers. I put in a MSD ignition and some blaster coil on plugs from granatelli as well. I have the steeda underdrive pulleys, an accufab twin blade throttle body with the largest bore possible. My upper and lower intake was ported polished and what not also. my gears are 3.73's....another aspect I have always loved in my 302 fox bodies. I have a SCT excalibrator computer chip/programmer too. My last mod thus far has been a set of 39# injectors from a 04 cobra a budy of mine had and his C&L mass airflow which I believe is a 90 or 95 mm. before putting them in I bought a bbk cold air intake and a C&L powerpipe. Installing the powerpie, MAF, and cold air intake was a difficult task due to space and the overall length of the pipe being about 1 inch longer because I used two different brands.
I am trying to figure out what the hp is at the crank and rear wheels are? Also, after doing the injector swap I am trying to decide if I used the correct size injectors when I did my swap? I haven't had any fuel pump problems but if it is larger I may be loosing some throttle response, correct? Do you use the hp at the crank or rear wheels when determining the injector size?....all of this computer stuff has become difficult! Please help fellow enthusiasts!

ohhhh....I also forgot to ask on the previous post what some good upgrades should be from this point? I know I don't have forged pistons so I am a little afraid that a supercharger is out...