4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone have this clutch cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 AM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Get a stock cable, you'll thank me later!!!
+100

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Stock cable is the only one that is going to last.

I have a crappy adjustable cable but it has lasted 3 years.

I have question? I still have a stock quadrant and when I was using the stock cable I did the pulling up on the clutch pedal thing, How do I get a it back to the original setting? Sorry if that sounds silly but I can't think of how else to word it? Also does anyone have a pic of a stock quadrant?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
2000VertGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big Top Gt
Where'd you try to get it?

I picked one up from Maroone Ford of Margate a few days ago. They had it in stock and it was like 75 bucks.

I can check and see if they have more in stock, if it'll save you the drive. (They're right down the street from my house.)

Shoot me a PM and let me know,
Alan
I checked 3 Ford dealerships in Tampa, all with the same answer. Thanks for the offer, I'll stick with the one I ordered already, if/when it breaks I'll fork the cash over for a stock cable.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 AM
2000VertGT
1st Gear Member

Jivepepper, I just noticed you are from WV, so am I (Stationed here in FL for now) what part of WV are you from, I'm from Paint Creek which is right outside of Charleston
Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 AM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000VertGT
Jivepepper, I just noticed you are from WV, so am I (Stationed here in FL for now) what part of WV are you from, I'm from Paint Creek which is right outside of Charleston
13 miles east of Morgantown. You should check out a local site I moderate and help start. We have a few thousand members.

www.wvstreets.com
Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000VertGT
I checked 3 Ford dealerships in Tampa, all with the same answer. Thanks for the offer, I'll stick with the one I ordered already, if/when it breaks I'll fork the cash over for a stock cable.
No worries, but let me know. I'm coming up to Tampa on the 9th/10th.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jivepepper
I have a crappy adjustable cable but it has lasted 3 years.

I have question? I still have a stock quadrant and when I was using the stock cable I did the pulling up on the clutch pedal thing, How do I get a it back to the original setting? Sorry if that sounds silly but I can't think of how else to word it? Also does anyone have a pic of a stock quadrant?
Personally, I'm not entirely convinced the adjustable cables are always the problem.

I think a bad quadrant with a radius that's too sharp can lead to improper alignment of the cable. I think this causes it to snap the cable.

Ever notice most people break the cable at the top?

Also, running the cable too close to the exhaust is a sure killer. I just lost one to that cause last week.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
2000VertGT
1st Gear Member

Mine didn't "Break" persay... the thick outter wires at the fork-end of the cable gave out and bent--I'll take pix when I replace it tomorrow
Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

i must have had a bad steeda cable then, it lasted for over 2 years that i drove the car and id say its still on the car now.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

i have a steeda adjustable cable/quadrant setup and have had no issues with it so far, but i kept my stocker just incase
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 PM
2000VertGT
1st Gear Member

Welp, got my new clutch cable in and I have pix of the broken clutch cable and the new one in.
Before

And the new one

And for ****s and giggles, can anyone tell me what brand headers these are from these pictures

Sorry for the poor quality, I was in a rush and forgot my camera, had to take pix with my phone

Quick Reply: Anyone have this clutch cable