4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

got some cobra goodies for the GT

Old 06-01-2009, 12:08 AM
casper_stang

well considering its my uncle it should have been free, plus he owes me since i spent like 5 freaken hours installing an audio system on his f-150. like i said no disrespect to my uncle but he can be a real ***** sometimes.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

What's so kool about the folding mirrors? I never fold mine.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by casper_stang
well considering its my uncle it should have been free, plus he owes me since i spent like 5 freaken hours installing an audio system on his f-150. like i said no disrespect to my uncle but he can be a real ***** sometimes.
i think its mostly the california thing... lots of ****** there
Old 06-01-2009, 02:26 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Enjoy the brakes, they are awesome. I recently put on a front kit for my 04 GT. I bought the car used and I suspect the brake fluid was stock so at 35k miles it was about time to change it along with new pads.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
What's so kool about the folding mirrors? I never fold mine.
Cause they are painted and they also have a more stylish shape lol
Old 06-01-2009, 01:47 PM
casper_stang

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
i think its mostly the california thing... lots of ****** there
agreed, i love the weather here but theres a lot of ****** around here too specially around my work area. and driving is super dangerous, same reason why i havent bought a sport bike.

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
Enjoy the brakes, they are awesome. I recently put on a front kit for my 04 GT. I bought the car used and I suspect the brake fluid was stock so at 35k miles it was about time to change it along with new pads.
thanks strider, i'll be doing the job myself just as soon as i get ceramic pads for both the front and the rear, originally i was going to wait till i got some drilled and slotted rotors but i friend convinced me that i wont be needing them and that the brakes are good as they are.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Dynamite pickups. I'm definitely drooling over the brakes. Those will stop you on a dime.

Congrats.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:58 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Hey casper yeah don't get drilled rotors....everyone I've ever spoken to has said it is a waste of time, plus it eats pads. Slotted are ok but you can't go wrong with blanks. You should get some stainless steel brakelines while you are at it....I didn't get it yet but I wish I had. The guy sold my the brakes with brand new rotors and pads but they are duralast and are supposedly **** so later on I will probably get to get hold of some OEM cobra Brembo ones along with hawk pads and SS brakelines.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
casper_stang

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
Hey casper yeah don't get drilled rotors....everyone I've ever spoken to has said it is a waste of time, plus it eats pads. Slotted are ok but you can't go wrong with blanks. You should get some stainless steel brakelines while you are at it....I didn't get it yet but I wish I had. The guy sold my the brakes with brand new rotors and pads but they are duralast and are supposedly **** so later on I will probably get to get hold of some OEM cobra Brembo ones along with hawk pads and SS brakelines.
haha, funny you mention duralast..i LOL'ed so bad...i work at autozone so duralast is within easy reach for me but i stay away.

about the rotors i just might stay blank but the stainless steel lines i will do ASAP. i had 4 piston calipers with steel braided lines and slotted rotors on my turbo rx-7, that thing really stopped on a dime, the non ABS made it somewhat dangerous sometimes though.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

Hey Casper, since you are located in southern ca, you wouldn't mind in asking your uncle what price he wants for the passengers side scoop? I'm pretty much located in the same region as you.

Pm me any info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got some cobra goodies for the GT