4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What I sold my mustang for! - Build Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
" Hi, my name is czwalg, I like the steelers. I also like my N/A GT. Now I don't like my N/A GT. I'll supercharge it. I like my F/I GT. I hate my F/I GT. I'll sell it and do a LS swap RX-7. I like my RX-7 with LS swap........ I can ONLY guess what is going to follow..... LOL"

Yea, me and Evan were just talking about your car *which if I do remember, you had bought before leaving the forums* and teh swap you were 'going to/were already doing.

Looks awesome.

I'm actually surprised that you spent as much as you did. A friend of mine did a LS1 swap in a '89? maybe (whatever the anniversary is) Rx-7 and spent a lot less....but, it was a LS1 and he didn't buy top of the line stuff either..

Looks bad *** though, and I don't even like Rx-7's really.

Gonna just stop by , taunt, and then leave? or maybe stick around the forums this time?

Hahaha, maybe a factory five GTM is next. Hey, i'm an engineer I like to build things... i get bored and need to keep busy with some kind of project.

I spent a lot more on my car because I basically did every possible thing too it. It's built for road racing, full coilover setup. I mean just wheels and paint we're almost tacking on an extra 10k to the build. Plus the FD chassis/parts are a lot more expensive than the FC's. Seats, interior color conversion, head porting... oh the money is endless hahahaha. Depressing really, but it's all paid off. Now time to start saving for a house.

I may come back for a bit haha... but all the tech issues and crap I dont even remember. These pushrods are a lot easier to work on. Hell I can remove my longtubes in 30-40 minutes, even in the rx7!!!

Last edited by czwalga00gt; 05-31-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

bagh, easier to work on.. but....umm....they don't make as much power?? yea, i'll say that....

easier to work on but make less power......

mmmhmmm
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

beautiful, nice license plate lol, there goes the whole sleeper effect though lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:24 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

bagh, easier to work on.. but....umm....they don't make as much power?? yea, i'll say that....

easier to work on but make less power......

mmmhmmm

Hahaha, hows your car anything new?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
beautiful, nice license plate lol, there goes the whole sleeper effect though lol.

Hahah yeah, it'll have a collector plate within the next month or so though. Also when you hear it all sleeper effect goes away... sounds like an old muscle car with a big lope.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by czwalga00gt
Hahah yeah, it'll have a collector plate within the next month or so though. Also when you hear it all sleeper effect goes away... sounds like an old muscle car with a big lope.
well thats what it is minus old lol, the heart of it anyway.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Here's a little vid of the startup to about 2500 rpms. The sound on my camera really sucks though, much better in person obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rvFLOQyBxo
Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

wow i bet that thing moves out. what h/c did you go with? what are the specs on the cam?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Originally Posted by czwalga00gt
Hahaha, hows your car anything new?
That depends on when the last time you would have been around was.

The winter before last I replaced the passenger side cylinder head all by myself because I blew a plug, and the helicoil/insert was too deep and the plug was hit by something *my guess would be the only other thing in the chamber , the piston*

After putting the head on (amateur mechanic me did it over the whole winter since I was in no rush) I had the intake crack.

Replaced it, started car, and ripped a chunk of the timing chain cover off of the car because I routed the belt wrong *major major facepalm*

Replaced that, and then had to replace outer tie rods.

Replaced those and then the A/C Compressor went. So to rid myself of a terrible horrible high pitched shreek I 'properly' discharged the system and ran a dumby pulley.

Went to the track and ran a 13.636@100.8 with a 1.85 60' on nothing but 4.10's, o/r H, catback, and DR's.

Needless to say that made everything else seem to disappear for that evening.

About a week ago I got chrome wheels after almost 5 years.
Paid 0 for wheels and 0 for mount/balance.

Best free mod ever.

That's all that's happened. So, not much
Old 06-01-2009, 07:29 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

That depends on when the last time you would have been around was.

The winter before last I replaced the passenger side cylinder head all by myself because I blew a plug, and the helicoil/insert was too deep and the plug was hit by something *my guess would be the only other thing in the chamber , the piston*

After putting the head on (amateur mechanic me did it over the whole winter since I was in no rush) I had the intake crack.

Replaced it, started car, and ripped a chunk of the timing chain cover off of the car because I routed the belt wrong *major major facepalm*

Replaced that, and then had to replace outer tie rods.

Replaced those and then the A/C Compressor went. So to rid myself of a terrible horrible high pitched shreek I 'properly' discharged the system and ran a dumby pulley.

Went to the track and ran a 13.636@100.8 with a 1.85 60' on nothing but 4.10's, o/r H, catback, and DR's.

Needless to say that made everything else seem to disappear for that evening.

About a week ago I got chrome wheels after almost 5 years.
Paid 0 for wheels and 0 for mount/balance.

Best free mod ever.

That's all that's happened. So, not much

How did you swing that free mod haha? Ashame you didn't get that intake fixed when they had the recall. I ended up fixing mine for like $350 ford sent me a check for $650. Then two weeks later they sent me another $650 check hahaha. Opps.

Anyway the cams specs: 231/234 .643"/.598" 112 LSA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What I sold my mustang for! - Build Thread