4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What is the word on MAC exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Arrow What is the word on MAC exhaust?

So i was wanting to order an o/r X and the Mac catback for the Mach but the last time i was on here i saw a thread about Mac products no longer being in production...?

Does anyone know if this is only for certain products or when they will be produced again?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

As far as I know MAC still makes exhaust products... Maybe you read it wrong. There's usually a wait for their catbacks though...

That combo will sound awesome btw! I ran that setup with shorties, on my gt for a while. Sounds better on a 4v though. I've found that almost any midpipe sounds good with MAC mufflers.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

You shouldn't have a problem getting those parts. It's the catted midpipes that are no longer made. If you want a MAC catted midpipe, you'll have to buy a used one. Otherwise, lethalperformance has a good selection of MAC stuff. They should have what you're looking for.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Well that is good news. Mac sounds so good and the fact that its just about the cheapest exhaust out there is nice as well
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Yep MAC ftw!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

MAC does in fact still make all of their parts(special exceptions apply).

However...there will be a minimum 3 week wait...depending on if you get lucky or not.

***STRAIGHT from MAC rep***
They DO NOT make parts for companies to stock, period...if somebody tells you they do they are straight up fools and yanking your chain. What they do is they start a list...when you order the part they put you on this list. Once that list gets to X amount of people they then start making the part. If you happen to be one of the last people on the list you got lucky and they will start making the part soon. However if you're at the top of a new list(like I was) you've got a wait on your hands. I can personally tell you its worth every bit of the wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DZBMnMy4KE
Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Ah ok so you have to order from MAC directly. Regardless, OP was looking for an O/R part so he won't have to wait around.

Adam, I just realized who you were. I took a long hiatus from the forums and remember you used to be on a lot when I was back a year or so ago. I see you picked up a mach! Very nice dude. I am actually torn between going for a nice intercooled blower setup or selling the GT and buying an azure blue mach 1. You have any mods for it? (It looks like you already have a catback?)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
isjoining
3rd Gear Member

I think they make their mufflers ahead of time, because when I ordered two stainless steel mufflers from them directly they shipped it out the same day.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

yes, the point is that they make all products without catalytic converters like normal. The parts with cats are made to order for groups of people.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:03 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Nice mach adam. I bet you love the 4v and the fact that its an manual...

Quick Reply: What is the word on MAC exhaust?