4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

NEW MODS!!! FINALLY!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Talking NEW MODS!!! FINALLY!!!

Hey everyone, just finally got some new mods for the stang!!! The first mods in a long time. I just bought a pypes o/r x pipe, a steeda tri-ax, and an 03 cobra maf sensor...and i got a steal on all of them!!! First off, i bought both the tri-ax and the o/r x pipe off my mechanic. He charged me $50 for the shifter(a steal right!!!) and $40 for the o/r x pipe(which was only on a car for 3000 miles). So i have $90 wrapped up in 2 mods that i really wanted to do which would have cost me $400 if i were to buy them new. Now about the cobra maf sensor...my best friend and i went to All Ford Nationals in carlisle on saturday and my mechanic was there with his booth packed full of goodies(teksid block bored .030 over, ptk turbo kit, fully built teksid good for 1200hp, etc.) and my buddy saw his new pride and joy...an SCT BA-3000(biggest maf sensor that SCT makes). He asked my mechanic how much he wanted for it...mind you this maf is like $300 brand new or more...and since he is my best friend and my mechanic is like family, he gave the sensor to my buddy for $100 and it was not really even used. Put on a turbo car and didnt work well so he took it to carlisle. So he has no need for his stocker so he just handed it to me and said its yours. So i have to get it recalibrated for stock injectors but now i dont gotta worry about upgrading when i start making decent power. Anyways, got both the sts and the o/r x pipe put on today and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a completely different car!!! The sts feels sooooooo much better than the stocker. It really firms up the shifts and is a lot better when gettin' in it. So that alone makes me wanna not stop driving the car. Then we put the x pipe on and now i really just wanna drive the tires right off the car!!! People say that the sound is too raspy and doesnt sound good....I LOVE IT!!! Its a slight bit tinny right around 2200-2600 and it sounds sooooooooo good. I took it for a drive and the drone is better than with my catted x pipe and it sounds just sooooooooo much better without cats. Now a baffle is loose in one/both of my mufflers so i gotta get that checked out...or maybe not because it kinda sounds really good with it loose. But my car is finally getting to be where i want it to be. Louder, better feeling, now i gotta get it looking good...cus there are some imperfections that need to be taken care of...like bent rim and messed up front bumper and hood. The bumper and hood first, then wheels. But for now, im friggin happy with where it is and im super pumped about the deals i got!!! Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long post. Im just super excited fo rthe new mods!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

nice deals.

cliffs notes: he got a STS and X pipe for $90. The STS made a huge difference and he loves the X-pipe & it's not too raspy for him.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:58 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
nice deals.

cliffs notes: he got a STS and X pipe for $90. The STS made a huge difference and he loves the X-pipe & it's not too raspy for him.
youre the man lol
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
youre the man lol
Beat me to it. Op nice find on the sts.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 PM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
nice deals.

you ARE the man!!!!

i was reading and all my lines were blurring together.... awesome deal OP!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Hey everyone, just finally got some new mods for the stang!!! The first mods in a long time. I just bought a pypes o/r x pipe, a steeda tri-ax, and an 03 cobra maf sensor...and i got a steal on all of them!!! First off, i bought both the tri-ax and the o/r x pipe off my mechanic. He charged me $50 for the shifter(a steal right!!!) and $40 for the o/r x pipe(which was only on a car for 3000 miles). So i have $90 wrapped up in 2 mods that i really wanted to do which would have cost me $400 if i were to buy them new. Now about the cobra maf sensor...my best friend and i went to All Ford Nationals in carlisle on saturday and my mechanic was there with his booth packed full of goodies(teksid block bored .030 over, ptk turbo kit, fully built teksid good for 1200hp, etc.) and my buddy saw his new pride and joy...an SCT BA-3000(biggest maf sensor that SCT makes). He asked my mechanic how much he wanted for it...mind you this maf is like $300 brand new or more...and since he is my best friend and my mechanic is like family, he gave the sensor to my buddy for $100 and it was not really even used. Put on a turbo car and didnt work well so he took it to carlisle. So he has no need for his stocker so he just handed it to me and said its yours. So i have to get it recalibrated for stock injectors but now i dont gotta worry about upgrading when i start making decent power. Anyways, got both the sts and the o/r x pipe put on today and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a completely different car!!! The sts feels sooooooo much better than the stocker. It really firms up the shifts and is a lot better when gettin' in it. So that alone makes me wanna not stop driving the car. Then we put the x pipe on and now i really just wanna drive the tires right off the car!!! People say that the sound is too raspy and doesnt sound good....I LOVE IT!!! Its a slight bit tinny right around 2200-2600 and it sounds sooooooooo good. I took it for a drive and the drone is better than with my catted x pipe and it sounds just sooooooooo much better without cats. Now a baffle is loose in one/both of my mufflers so i gotta get that checked out...or maybe not because it kinda sounds really good with it loose. But my car is finally getting to be where i want it to be. Louder, better feeling, now i gotta get it looking good...cus there are some imperfections that need to be taken care of...like bent rim and messed up front bumper and hood. The bumper and hood first, then wheels. But for now, im friggin happy with where it is and im super pumped about the deals i got!!! Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long post. Im just super excited fo rthe new mods!!!
wut

nice deals.

Oh, ok. Cool.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424
wut

Oh, ok. Cool.
i luled...like for real