4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

FloMaster Muffler Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by devongarver
I personally do not feel chambered mufflers are nearly loud enough on a mustang for my tastes, but to each his own.
Couldn't have said it better myself if I tried. The one thing I do like about flows (and that's limited) is that it is the "traditional" muscle car sound. Which is why I crossed them off my list first. I would def get that with a new midpipe to really change the sound. A nice catted X should do the trick, O/r x if you don't care about emission standards and inspections. Youtube will have all the vids you need to make your decision.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
PowerShiftzGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcobar
I'm about to get a new exhaust system, and I was heavily considering a flowmaster system for a while. I started researching the Magnaflow Magnapack system and really began liking it. It looks like it will give me the sound I want with less drone. I think the a Flowmaster exhaust system and a Magnaflow exhaust system are very similar in price. So listen to some youtube videos and figure out which one you want.
Completeexhaust.com sells the magnapack Catback for 359.00 shipped to your door!. just call and ask for the "Forum Special" on the magnaflows.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

ah... well looks like I have some major research to do!! thanks guys for all the advice
Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

how does the off road pipe work.... it's ok to use for everyday driving? Then so I know could someone explain please: O2 Sensor Extension & MIL Eliminators?? I will be putting this on an 04 GT. thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PowerShiftzGT
Completeexhaust.com sells the magnapack Catback for 359.00 shipped to your door!. just call and ask for the "Forum Special" on the magnaflows.
damn you beat me to it. For the price you can't beat it, back when I got mine from them it was $319 shipped
Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well my flowmaster mufflers have baffles loose in both of them and I just put an O/R x pipe on with them and now the baffles vibrate like CRAZY!!! I need new mufflers. I hate magnaflow exhausts. They sound too much like a muffled fart. The tone is not good in my opinion. I dont know what mufflers im gonna put back in because there are just too many to choose from and i dont wanna do this again anytime soon. Probably just put flowmasters back in...or maybe MAC flowpaths with the o/r x will sound good. Who knows.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424
You need to ride in my car then. With the right setup chambered mufflers can be down right obnoxious..../beautiful

@OP: Skip Flows and go with MACs. I wish I had in the beginning. If you want super 44's go with an o/r x, they sound pretty nice in that setup. But if you plan on going with 40's, just get a pair of MACs instead. Been down the flowmaster road with 40's and 50's, and they just don't sound quite as good. I will say 40's DO sound good with an o/r h, just not as good as flowpaths
Well i never turn down a free ride! But it may be a little far for me to come just to hear your exhaust lol. Do you have a sound clip of it? I would definately love to hear a set of chambered muffs that are loud and obnoxiously beatiful like my loudmouths.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:44 AM
PowerShiftzGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueMagic
how does the off road pipe work.... it's ok to use for everyday driving? Then so I know could someone explain please: O2 Sensor Extension & MIL Eliminators?? I will be putting this on an 04 GT. thanks
yes you can run an O/R pipe for everyday driving but it will be loud and ILLEGAL. haha. But it's what all the cool kids are doing, lol. But really if you want to help the environment and stay legal then go with a High Flow catted mid pipe. You will Fail emissions testing if you state tests you. Or you can just switch your stock midpipe back on before you get tested or something.

But when you go with an O/R Midpipe you are most likely going to throw your Check Engine Light for the O2 Sensors telling the computer there are no Cats. You will want buy Mill Eliminators to trick the Computer into thinking that cats are there. or you can go by a tuner and just turn the o2 Sensors off. Americanmuscle.com was selling the Mills for 17.00 a little while ago. not sure if they still are.

When you install the MILLS make sure your battery is disconnected. Since you have an 04 GT you will need the 02 Sensor Extensions i believe.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM
kmcray85
1st Gear Member

If you ARE going to get flows, go to exhaustexhaust.com. I bought my catback flows for 350 including shipping. They are amazing!! PM me if you have any ?'s
Old 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

for the muffler part which is better? Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Mufflers ( I know this one is designed for mustang) or Flowmaster Super 44 Series Mufflers

Quick Reply: FloMaster Muffler Ideas