4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My Bucket o Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 AM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

i really like it, and the wing!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Quite possibly my favorite mustang on this sight. Dont quote me on it you guys make it a hard choice, but its definitly top 3.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Wow...i LOVE your car! Looks very evil haha. You did a very nice job

Great car!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

car looks great man. what size wheel and tires are you running?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Sick car man... Love the steeda hood AND Spoiler too.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Originally Posted by GThopeful
Very nice. I bet it changed the entire driving experience too. I'm to the point where I don't really care what it's going to cost me, I'm doin it.

Edit...Your car makes me want the Steeda wing so bad. I usually can't stand it, but your car pulls it off perfectly.
Yea, I bought the car as an auto because for some reason it was just cheaper than any 5 speeds around here + I commute alot (I used to travel 400-700 miles a week). I got soo friggen bored of the auto that I started to look around for a 5sp out of a GT, I called one of the local shops that sponsor the local car club I'm in and they just so happend to have one of the other guys from the club there to do a t56->auto swap in his cobra.

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Thats not what I was trying to do. But if the shoe fits wear it I guess lol. You see a lot of people ******* on the steeda wing; I dont see why, it looks good on almost any car.

What camera do you use Aereon
I shot these with my Canon XSI with its kit lens. Yea, I'm not too certain as to why the steeda wing gets dumped on soo much, I think it looks great, only thing I'd change is to make it just a tad shorter tho.

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
Great Pics. Specially Pics 2,3,4.... Wow!!!

Steeda Wing =SEX on your car...
Yea #2 is my fav, turned out really well compared to my others heh..

Originally Posted by 5pnt0gt
car looks great man. what size wheel and tires are you running?
The rims are FR:18x9 R:18x10 Saleens, FR: 255/45ZR18 R: 295/35ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1R.

Originally Posted by black35th
Very nice man, I would never guess that it's a DD to be honest with you. Everything just seems to flow together nicely....you have to give some details about your headlights, they look stock....yet projector?

HOSS, don't you DARE turn this into another rice thread! We'll have newbs jumpin out from everywhere
Have the newbs jump in=P criticism is always welcomed.

The headlamps are projector retrofits, I used projectors out of a 07 G35, light output is a million times better(crisper) than with the stock headlamps and hid's. I basically cracked the housing and mounted the projectors onto the reflect. Here are a few before it was 100% finished pics, I don't have anymore pics as I forgot which jump drive I had them on lols.

My friend holding the headlamp while the glue dries

Reflector + projector in a painted reflector

Oh and just a little detailed shot of my pony^^, painted it and cleared it while we were doing the projectors

Quick pic with the projectors + fogs on, this is before the 03-04 cobra fogs and tinting of the headlamps
Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I love your car. If my car was your color, it would be identical, lol. I'm trying to get my wife to do a white and black version. :0)

Where did you get your hood?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Wow, I guess I know what my next project is : find a wrecked G35! I love my HID's but the cut off sucks with the stock housings and all the aftermarket projectors are just a little too ricey for my taste. Car looks great man!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

nice car
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I love your car. If my car was your color, it would be identical, lol. I'm trying to get my wife to do a white and black version. :0)

Where did you get your hood?
I believe that it was bought from Steeda, I've only paid for the mach c-pillars, bullitt scoops, and the tint for the head/taillights. Everything else was done because of people hitting me and one person hating on me, which is the reason why the passenger side has the fender hole shaved and the driver side doesn't lols=P

Originally Posted by black35th
Wow, I guess I know what my next project is : find a wrecked G35! I love my HID's but the cut off sucks with the stock housings and all the aftermarket projectors are just a little too ricey for my taste. Car looks great man!
The projector retrofit is one of my favorite mods, third in line behind the T56 swap (2nd) and the IRS swap (1st). Aftermarket projector headlamps use lens's that are horrible at focusing the beams, they are inferior projector housings, and they the adjustment screws tend to break with the slightest touch. I had a set of aftermarket projectors for about a week before I did the retrofit, had to get temp headlamps while the retrofit was going on and I found them for cheap. The retrofit if I were to do another set, would most likely take a good day to finish, excluding curing of the sealant (we used the same sealant that shops use for windshields. Only regret I have is not going with the Phillips 85122+ 4300k bulbs instead of the Phillips 85122+ 5500k bulbs.

Quick Reply: My Bucket o Bolts