4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I have a drawing...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

dont like it huh? lol super tired acctually, kinda like being drunk, but without spending the money.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Honestly you seldom see a car that the aftermarket projectors fit well with, but I think it may look good on that setup.

If you do get around to doing that, you may want to go with either painted or 03 cobra mirrors. I think it makes the car.

And for the rear i'm not sure what you had planned may want to smoke the tails and get a 35th anniversary honeycomb back with a lower black vinyl insert.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
termi hood with roush front has been done before, I would highly advise against aftermarket projector headlamps.
i figured that, havnt seen any in CF altho i know that most people dont like the look. And i saw what you did with your lights, liked that alot, really not sure what to do about the lights, i want projectors only because i had a maxima and they where the best thing ever, other than that id probebly tint them and hope you wouldnt see them anyway. just drew it to give myself an idea.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by defconfire
Honestly you seldom see a car that the aftermarket projectors fit well with, but I think it may look good on that setup.

If you do get around to doing that, you may want to go with either painted or 03 cobra mirrors. I think it makes the car.

And for the rear i'm not sure what you had planned may want to smoke the tails and get a 35th anniversary honeycomb back with a lower black vinyl insert.
Not that they don't look decent, its that the aftermarket projectors are built with horrible lens's and projectors. I've taken apart my old set of aftermarket projectors thinking I might use it in my headlamps but when I got it apart the whole thing just felt cheap and the lens's output/focal abilities were sub par.

If you want projectors, spend the time and do it yourself, you'll come out with a much better set of headlamps than any aftermarket projector available for our cars.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by defconfire

ok people want to laugh this will help. im going with a stalker rear bumper...altho, i will be shaving the stalker off, so no letters, not a big fan of having any indented leters on the back. emblems will be shaved, and even tho i have a wing in the picture i may not have one on the final car, havnt decided.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bman2000
i figured that, havnt seen any in CF altho i know that most people dont like the look. And i saw what you did with your lights, liked that alot, really not sure what to do about the lights, i want projectors only because i had a maxima and they where the best thing ever, other than that id probebly tint them and hope you wouldnt see them anyway. just drew it to give myself an idea.
Again, I'm not hating on the look. Just the quality. Aftermarket projector headlamps for our cars are marginally better than the stock headlamps with stock bulbs. The stock headlamps with hid's will be brighter than any set of aftermarket projector headlamp available. They are cheap for a reason, go look into how much a replacement set of oem projectors cost for a g35 or s2000 etc and you'll realize you get what you pay for. The aftermarket projectors also have a tendency to have adjustment screws that break fairly easily.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Not that they don't look decent, its that the aftermarket projectors are built with horrible lens's and projectors. I've taken apart my old set of aftermarket projectors thinking I might use it in my headlamps but when I got it apart the whole thing just felt cheap and the lens's output/focal abilities were sub par.

If you want projectors, spend the time and do it yourself, you'll come out with a much better set of headlamps than any aftermarket projector available for our cars.
i get what you mean, not sure how id do it myself i say some of your pictures. In anycase dont want cheep crap. My other option for just the look without the nice veiw at night is to go with smoked cobra headlights. altho i think at night the projectors look mean and thats kinda what i want.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Again, I'm not hating on the look. Just the quality. Aftermarket projector headlamps for our cars are marginally better than the stock headlamps with stock bulbs. The stock headlamps with hid's will be brighter than any set of aftermarket projector headlamp available. They are cheap for a reason, go look into how much a replacement set of oem projectors cost for a g35 or s2000 etc and you'll realize you get what you pay for. The aftermarket projectors also have a tendency to have adjustment screws that break fairly easily.
interestingly enough (this is why i decided to post) i saw your car today, and even tho the parts are different than what ill have the look is the same that im looking for. Bringing back the black and red, really mean and sleek. im just trying to do it with black chrome and CF with a dark red heh.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 AM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Ehh. Looks ok. The roush front bumper is.... meh. Actually, that car looks alot like jazzers, except his is white, and a saleen. Projectors look bad on most cars, some can pull it off.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:16 AM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

^^+1

Aereon's car is pretty sexy. Lately I've really been loving the steeda spoiler with a cobra, or cobra r front bumper, and cowl.

Quick Reply: I have a drawing...