4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Eaton Supercharger Opions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Well i WILL have the car ready for next year! LOLs...

About the heads... IDK. At first i was going to go all out with the TF ect... but i talked to Jeff(brother of the guy i bought the blower from) at MPH yesterday about heads and other bs, and he suggest just going with a stage 3 ported PI head. Before you start yelling at you monitor, hear me out..
According to Jeff, the combustion chambers on the TF heads are smaller than a ported PI head.( i do not know this for a fact, just what he said)
Also, the only reason i would do the TF heads is to pick up more HP. Well, thats not really a issue anymore. I will be in the 600-650rw range without these heads on a stage 3 port PI head. Dont really know if i wanna spend the extra $$ on a set of heads just to gain 20rw or so...
I mean - $2,000 for the TF heads plus i have to upgrade the springs yada yada yada... then buy cams ect..
Or buy a stage 3 ported PI head with upgraded everything plus MPH KB cams for ~$2,500
I just cant make up my mind...

Anyway... We are Waaaaay off topic hear
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
Well i WILL have the car ready for next year! LOLs...

About the heads... IDK. At first i was going to go all out with the TF ect... but i talked to Jeff(brother of the guy i bought the blower from) at MPH yesterday about heads and other bs, and he suggest just going with a stage 3 ported PI head. Before you start yelling at you monitor, hear me out..
According to Jeff, the combustion chambers on the TF heads are smaller than a ported PI head.( i do not know this for a fact, just what he said)
Also, the only reason i would do the TF heads is to pick up more HP. Well, thats not really a issue anymore. I will be in the 600-650rw range without these heads on a stage 3 port PI head. Dont really know if i wanna spend the extra $$ on a set of heads just to gain 20rw or so...
I mean - $2,000 for the TF heads plus i have to upgrade the springs yada yada yada... then buy cams ect..
Or buy a stage 3 ported PI head with upgraded everything plus MPH KB cams for ~$2,500
I just cant make up my mind...

Anyway... We are Waaaaay off topic hear
There are 2 different combustion chamber volumes. The 44cc and the 38cc volumes. The 44cc volume will work well for you as it keeps the same compression as stock...or really close. 44cc on an npi car will be the same compression ratio as a pi swap head if my info is right. And the 38cc will put you up in the 11's or something. And you wouldnt have to upgrade the springs because they are good for .600 lift and stainless steel valves and all. So for the same price as the ported heads, you could have brand new design castings with custom CMS cams which are probably every bit as good as MPH cams for the same price. And then you still have room to grow for the future with there still being enough meat on the tf's to port them out too. And you might get bored with the power after you have it for a while...lol just food for thought. And since when do we care about staying on topic with our threads on here??? The op is far gone from paying attention to this thread anymore because it did get a little out of hand which is partially my fault. But anyways, i say we continue this thread for blower updates and new blower ideas. lol
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
There are 2 different combustion chamber volumes. The 44cc and the 38cc volumes. The 44cc volume will work well for you as it keeps the same compression as stock...or really close. 44cc on an npi car will be the same compression ratio as a pi swap head if my info is right. And the 38cc will put you up in the 11's or something. And you wouldnt have to upgrade the springs because they are good for .600 lift and stainless steel valves and all. So for the same price as the ported heads, you could have brand new design castings with custom CMS cams which are probably every bit as good as MPH cams for the same price. And then you still have room to grow for the future with there still being enough meat on the tf's to port them out too. And you might get bored with the power after you have it for a while...lol just food for thought. And since when do we care about staying on topic with our threads on here??? The op is far gone from paying attention to this thread anymore because it did get a little out of hand which is partially my fault. But anyways, i say we continue this thread for blower updates and new blower ideas. lol
Well according to Jim(Cushman) I would need to upgrade springs..? I still need to do alot more researching to find out what is the best option for my app..
I do know i am def going with MPH's custom KB cam though

I guess i need to post a pole huh...
TF vs stage 3 port