4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Which one would be best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrherald420
better a loan than a credit card
neither one is good in the wrong hands or scenario...

maybe a loan is a tad better, but hes paying interest on mods! ridiculous if you ask me.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
, but hes paying interest on mods! ridiculous if you ask me.
but look at it like this, hes building credit by getting this loan and paying it off.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

but look at it like this, hes building credit by getting this loan and paying it off.
"I picked up my 2001 GT for $2000 bucks"
Maybe he missed this part...... lol
Old 07-27-2009, 08:51 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic_Stang
Hey guys after a long long wait I finally got my loan and ordered the following parts.
SSS (Adrenaline) Catback Exhaust
SCT Livewire Dash mounted Tuner
Steeda Tri-axe shifter
17" FR500 Rims
K&N CAI
4.10 gears (to replace mine that are whining)
Im now faced with a problem, I will have about $300 bucks left to drop what other bolt on will I feel the greatest change with? Pulleys, Longtubes? I wanna stray away from NOS since it's my Daily Driver.

If it were my $ I'd get the body damage repaired first.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

theres better ways to build credit then on car mods IMO. but if thats how you can find a positive out of it, be my guest. my only point was that i thought it was ridiculous to take out a loan and pay interest on car modifications. that was it. nothing more.

Originally Posted by JayC
"I picked up my 2001 GT for $2000 bucks"
Maybe he missed this part...... lol
maybe im being retarded, but what does that have anything to do with it? it has nothing to do with my point. are you trying to say that if he gets repoed its not as big of a loss? i dont get it.

+1 to getting body damaged fixed first. repairs before mods...
Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

theres better ways to build credit then on car mods IMO. but if thats how you can find a positive out of it, be my guest. my only point was that i thought it was ridiculous to take out a loan and pay interest on car modifications. that was it. nothing more.

maybe im being retarded, but what does that have anything to do with it? it has nothing to do with my point. are you trying to say that if he gets repoed its not as big of a loss? i dont get it.

His car is PAID OFF...is yours? He has no car payment and very little borrowed on the car. Now do you get it?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:04 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Look at it this way, I personally would rather finance 3gs and put 2 down for a freshly modded faster mustang then pay 2 gs for a stock slow stang. People finance cars all the time, mine still has 4years left on loan. Call me crazy but from my research lts will make a significant difference in hp over a tb/plenum but may be hard to get them with that budget, may have to finance more!! Haha j/k

Last edited by lilcrate; 07-27-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Yeah not sure if it's included in loan cuz u didn't say, but if not def get body damage fixed and tires first, won't go anywhere with bald tires
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well look at it this way...he coulda got the loan out for the car and used the cash to mod...or he could do what he did. He still has a loan now anyways. So whether its for the actual car itself or the mods/maintenance needed it makes no difference. He had to take out the loan one way or the other. Paid cash for the car so he took out the loan to fix it. Makes perfect sense. But if you wanna look at it another way...just act like he is paying cash to fix it and making the payments on the car. lol
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

edit: wrong thread