4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

GMS cop stuff, weapon x cop

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
I've paid 90 for 1 CoP, but I was faced with a ******** of a shop owner who told me none of what I've learned about them.

However, Weapon X CoP's are a completely different design, and under boost, there can be a substantial gain.

When you get up there in power, you'll start frying the stock ones in no time, at least in my experience, but there has been alot of luck with the Weapon X coils, at least in AZ, that I know of
Weapon X is for sure the way to go for a HHP car. BTW Weapon X was taken over by Delta Force Tuning I believe.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

good to know.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

At 225HP you are a very long way from needing anything other than the OEM COPs, which in terms of longevity are the best out there (the Weapon X COPs have not been around long enough to know).

I did not read every post, so maybe it's mentioned, how old are the plugs? What do the COP boots look like? If the boots are even a little bit hardened, cracked, or carboned up then there's a 99.44% chance that's the source of the intermitant misfires.

A failing COP will generally go from misfiring to dead in very short order, and most often they just plain die all of a sudden.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

so far the only one that flat out died did so because the coolant from the cracked intake leaked on it. the others are all factory at 107k miles they are old and so thats why im looking for alternatives.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:04 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I have read a small amount on the Weapon-X plugs, and yes, they are a totally different design, but I am not sure yet as the any adverse effects they may have on the PCM, but I definitely can attest as to seeing more thnaa few dyno sheets showing an increase in HP in High-Power applications, but we are talking 500hp+. I am hoping to find more information, I am still looking, but I will add the information to my sticky when I fidn it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
I have read a small amount on the Weapon-X plugs, and yes, they are a totally different design, but I am not sure yet as the any adverse effects they may have on the PCM, but I definitely can attest as to seeing more thnaa few dyno sheets showing an increase in HP in High-Power applications, but we are talking 500hp+. I am hoping to find more information, I am still looking, but I will add the information to my sticky when I fidn it.

You should contact Ox on another forum, he's been running them for a while, and I believe that the stock ones were getting completely burned out on his car.

I'm sure you can search for some of his old threads under Mustangman281, I think he made a whole thread about the WeaponX coils.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:48 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
You should contact Ox on another forum, he's been running them for a while, and I believe that the stock ones were getting completely burned out on his car.

I'm sure you can search for some of his old threads under Mustangman281, I think he made a whole thread about the WeaponX coils.
Hmmm, im not a member of any other mustang forums, this is the only one I ever joined. He got banned again then I assume, what'd he do, threaten a fellow member again haha. I Actually think I might contact Weapon-X and see what I can learn about them. On a side note, I see you ran an 11.07, what mods do you have suspension wise>? And of course what hp are you putting down? We were having a discussion about a 420rwhp car doing 10.99 or better 1/4 mile time in a N/A new edge. I said no way, another disagrees with me, what do you think?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I found a thread at modular fords about weapon x cops, and apparently there is a representative of the company on modular fords, because he chimed in to defend the issues that customers were having with blowout and whatnot. Worth a read.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=97970
Old 08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Hmmm, im not a member of any other mustang forums, this is the only one I ever joined. He got banned again then I assume, what'd he do, threaten a fellow member again haha. I Actually think I might contact Weapon-X and see what I can learn about them. On a side note, I see you ran an 11.07, what mods do you have suspension wise>? And of course what hp are you putting down? We were having a discussion about a 420rwhp car doing 10.99 or better 1/4 mile time in a N/A new edge. I said no way, another disagrees with me, what do you think?

I'd like to know how he's running 420whp N/A, I hope they don't mean Nitrous Assisted.

I'm running a corner carver suspension, basically I bought the maximum motorsports catalog and threw it on.

independent rear, new bushings, braces, full coil-overs, tubular front suspension.

I'm running somewhere north of 580rwhp. Havn't had it dyno'd on this setup, I tune the car myself, so I never saw the need for a dyno.

I've seen several other 600whp cars not be able to run faster than 11.49, because of weight, driver ability, and whatnot.

a 10.99 at 420whp, IMHO is impossible unless the guys running less than 2800lbs.

That's seriously fast, and I doubt it would be possible in a new edge chassis with that power level.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Well i just joined Modular, and no, they meant naturally aspirated, not nitrous assisted. The topic was here https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6-...ml#post6392624

Quick Reply: GMS cop stuff, weapon x cop