4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

home made shaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmikey88
i do love me some ice cream chocolate mostly, i am not doing this because i think im going to gain horse power lol i mean come on as he says its different and i have already thought about making something to hold it down better, and as for **** flying in i think what im going to do it take an air filter and put it in the opening at the hood ao act as a pre filter, any problems i run into im pretty sure i can solve as i have pretty decent shop to back me up.
I guess if your just looking for looks, then thats about all it will serve.

I think adding a prefilter will restrict the air flow worse, but I could be wrong.
It would keep engine bay cleaner which is a good thing

Ps when your done lets see some pics
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Dairy Queen's Mud Fudge ftw!!!!

the midnight truffle is awesome too.

oh and rediculous mod btw.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

LMAO @ all ice cream related posts! Thnx for the support guys! lol. OP, if you choose to continue this effort, do not use a regular air filter in the opening, instead, use a filter wrap from K&N or similar product. Its a thin mesh to protect the filter from water and excessive dirt/debris. Something like this would help block junk without hindering all that amazing airflow lol. But, instead of routing the air to your intake, you could just leave it the way it is and let it help cool your motor/intake manifold. Thats about the only benefit I can see for it.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

But then you get all that amazing road dirt and oil and stuff that would usually hit the scoop and do nothing all over the intake manifold and stuff. and possibly ruin the coilpacks and such...thatd be no good. I think you should forget about this and get a new hood.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
mustangmikey88

i drove the car today and realized you were right about the speed thing the center of the scoop lifts so i will have to make a bracket to fix that. and i have decided not to run any air to my intake to much effort im just gonna put a filter of sort in the scoop and call it good the main reason i did this was because i hated the honeycomb **** it drives me nuts. any way here are some pics of it.
oh ps for intake i said fug it and ordered a bbk CAI from american muscle

oh and incase you thought i was joking this is my shop
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Holy Sh*TBALLS BATMAN!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
5bites
1st Gear Member

Chocolate Oreo from shakies. DO NOT eat this away from the privacy of your own home. Horrible first date food!

That does look better. I do worry about the water though. Did it change the sound at all?

I dig the shop!!! I would love to have a lathe so I didn't have to stay late at work for my "government projects."

Last edited by 5bites; 08-05-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Your engine bay is gonna be a freakin mess man!!! all the road dirt and grime is gonna get all over the place in there. Have fun cleaning that thing.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
mustangmikey88

Originally Posted by devongarver
Holy Sh*TBALLS BATMAN!
lol whats that about

any way as for keeping **** out im going to put some mesh in there with a some filter wrap behind it so it will still get some air but keep all the **** out.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

That was because Im jealous of all the equipment in your garage. Im glad to hear you are going to use the filterwrap and mesh.

Quick Reply: home made shaker