4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Yeah the wire does lead to the brakes.....I honestly don't give 2 ***** if i don't have abs, i think its for woman who don't know how to drive.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up haha

Originally Posted by gif4445
Yeah the wire does lead to the brakes.....I honestly don't give 2 ***** if i don't have abs, i think its for woman who don't know how to drive.
lol! good one! I dont have it either! haha
down shift, you already know
Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 PM
masterofthepuppets99
2nd Gear Member

abs ftl
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
Haha I'll take a quik second to explain to you poisnd.
I'll give my opinion, not to be the smart ***, but to help
the one who posted th thread get as much as diff views of his issue as possible to help him make the best decision possible. For example, if I posted a thread I wouldn't mind if some put "idk" simply because it helps me understand that it could be a complicated situation.
In this case, I let him know that I didn't know what that wire could be either.

Nice cobra by the way

lulz...understood.

Nah.....ABS is a miracle of modern engineering. The TC and ABS are integral and (I'm pretty sure) you can't have one without the other on these cars. The TC I could give a **** about but I lost count of how many times ABS has saved my car(s) and my *** in the rain over the last 10 years. I'd rather live with knowing I can't drive than go without ABS.

Sensors go for around $20 each on Ebay and take 5 minutes to install.

Originally Posted by masterofthepuppets99
abs ftl

Maybe you have the skillz of Schumacher or Andretti, but it serves it's purpose to the rest of us pitiful mortals....

Last edited by POISND U; 08-15-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Damn, I love the ABS/TC in my explorer...but I honestly don't see much of a use for them in my stang...But I don't drive my car in inclement weather either, thats what the exploder is for. Infact i just finished fixing the ABS in my exploder last week, WhitefoxGT helped me out with that. Sensor ring was cracked.

OP, I would atleast look into what has been done to disable the ABS light, even if the bulb was just pulled. That leads me to wonder what else has been half-assed on that car...unsafe IMO.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
OP, I would atleast look into what has been done to disable the ABS light, even if the bulb was just pulled. That leads me to wonder what else has been half-assed on that car...unsafe IMO.
Well heres the thing, when i turn the key to the on postition...all the light that should be on, are on. So nothing wrong there. And the TC is linked to the ABS, so if the ABS was out, wouldn't the TC act up? But i know for sure, that the TC works because it has worked for me numerous times since I got it in May.

I don't really need ABS, i just want that stupid wire hidden cuz it looks hideous just hanging there.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Seems incredibly stupid to me to not just replace it, but take off the rear seat and just pull it throught the grommet.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Well heres the thing, when i turn the key to the on postition...all the light that should be on, are on. So nothing wrong there. And the TC is linked to the ABS, so if the ABS was out, wouldn't the TC act up? But i know for sure, that the TC works because it has worked for me numerous times since I got it in May.
Hmmm.... I don't want to go against what POISND is saying but
Is there a chance it's strictly there for traction control?

I just looked at my car... I don't have a wire like that there, just the one on that bracket and the emergency brake cable. My car does not have traction control - but (I think - never engaged it, been nice to car) it does have ABS, at least it has wheel speed sensors and gears and all.

(This is your pic enlarged OP, not my car)

That larger diameter wire that the small one is zip-tied to is the wheel speed sensor wire if I'm not mistaken. The big one is the e-brake.

So unless I'm crazy or stupid (good chance I am), I think that it's superfluous and probably something someone added in there for some reason maybe neon for a license plate border or something. But get some second opinions before you cut it. For now, just tie it up better with those plastic zipper ties.

Last edited by reznap; 08-17-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
reznap
2nd Gear Member

Old 08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

^^Good work! Easy to follow, lol. I'm not sure what it is anymore.....i had a buddy of mine look at it last night and he has no idea either. He went to WyoTech and knows his shiznit so if he doesn't know, then of course i won't.

Poisnd-I would replace it, if i knew what it was.......F it, i'll just cut it! LOL!