4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My car is too quiet..Need advice..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeff37110
I think I will just cut the pipes off. lol...I love the sound it has already just want it louder at idle..
LM 1's if you want loud and your taint tickled, I was at the dream cruise here in Mi, a guy had them in mustang alley and whoooo did they sound mean and obnoxious.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

ye thats as bad as spray painting your car with Azo all surface/finish acrylic paint. Do it right or dont do it all or else I will laugh at you when it turds.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 AM
JJ_Jonathon

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Dont be cheap. That is a very....(im going to try to sensor myself here) "ethnic" way to mod your car.
Doing a true cutoff setup isn't cheap at all
Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJ_Jonathon
Doing a true cutoff setup isn't cheap at all
Im sorry but taking your car and cutting the mufflers out because your to much of a cheap *** to pay for mufflers.....

is cheap.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I have LT, O/R prochamber, and SLP LM1 and its not loud enough to me. Love the sound though. Im one of the few who LOVES the raspy sound. Makes it sound mean.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 AM
jeff37110
2nd Gear Member

Im not talking about cutting the mufflers off... I was talking about cutting the tailpipes off behind the muffler.. If I dont like it I can always put them back on..Then go to changing stuff if I dont like it then. May try the Lm2's
Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

cutting off the tailpipes is just going to give you a bunch of interior noise and not do much for the outside sound.... if you dont want tailpipes, atleast get turn downs to keep it outta your interior...still not gonna do much.... different mufflers is the only way youre gonna make it substantially louder...put borla stingers on there and it will be loud and still sound good
Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 AM
JJ_Jonathon

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Im sorry but taking your car and cutting the mufflers out because your to much of a cheap *** to pay for mufflers.....

is cheap.
LOL. I assumed he was talking about putting turndowns in. What you and he are talking about is definitely ghetto.

Jeff -
One of the biggest mechanical issues is that if the pipe is just cut before it exits, all that heat is being placed on components under the vehicle - and your gas tank is plastic. This is why you need it bent down away from the car.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:13 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeff37110
Im not talking about cutting the mufflers off... I was talking about cutting the tailpipes off behind the muffler.. If I dont like it I can always put them back on..Then go to changing stuff if I dont like it then. May try the Lm2's
ahh ok, my ghetto meter was going off on full alert. If you just want turn downs go for it. I had em for a day and it sounded ****.

Originally Posted by JJ_Jonathon
LOL. I assumed he was talking about putting turndowns in. What you and he are talking about is definitely ghetto.

Jeff -
One of the biggest mechanical issues is that if the pipe is just cut before it exits, all that heat is being placed on components under the vehicle - and your gas tank is plastic. This is why you need it bent down away from the car.
you do also realize that all that heat is still transfered regardless because the tailpipes still get hot as all hell. Having turndowns does not create any mechanical issues due to thermodynamical issues.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:19 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

LT's, o/r x or h, lm1's...loud as ****, way too loud for me, was this *fingers nearly together* close to getting pulled over. Cop was trying to get behind me and I took the next exit. After that, went lm2's, I love it. lm1's with a o/r pipe are just loud, kinda mean sounding. I called it "raw" because it has no tone, it is just LOUD! I always pitied the people behind me, between the smell and noise, I am sure I made people hated me...esp when I saw ppl on cells phones and would intentionally throttle it. Stereo at 3/4 up and you can't here what you are playing at WOT. get it if you want loud, but be prepared for a ticket.

Quick Reply: My car is too quiet..Need advice..