MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   just installed pypes LTs, anyone else with them? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/557212-just-installed-pypes-lts-anyone-else-with-them.html)

cisurfer 08-18-2009 01:31 AM

just installed pypes LTs, anyone else with them?

so after puttin in my rebuilt trans, and new clutch i tackles the LTs...i thought it would be easier since ive changed the gaskets before and done 4 mustangs suspensions. well its a pain haha, the drivers side header flange is like 1/8" away from the floor of the mustang....anyone else with this...i found the hardest part of all this was the egr tube and attaching it to the new headers

SilvrStang 08-18-2009 01:40 AM

EGR was a pain in the ass with MAC headers too. I found drivers side to be way harder to install then the passenger although it looks like theres more space and clearance over there. Any leaks with Pypes. How was the fitment?

IRSmart 08-18-2009 08:14 AM

i'm eager to know how the fitment was with the h-pipe and if there are any leaks. i have an automatic and my choices are limited. got any pics of the h-pipe connections?

cisurfer 08-18-2009 02:32 PM

well i do have a leak at the header i think, because of the way the EGR was i dont think i was able to get a flat seal against the head, im going to run it and let it cool and then try to tighten down the bolts, not sure how its gunna work out with everything back together. but overall they are really nice, my car sounded like junky noise before and now it sounds like a real car. the h pipe is nice too

punisher03 08-18-2009 02:34 PM

i have the pypes l/t and h pipe the only thing that sucked was that my stereing rubed were it went thru the headers outher than that no leaks and it sounds awsome with my flomasters!!

IRSmart 08-18-2009 03:29 PM

i guess i'll talk to my shop on thursday about the headers then. i've gotten enough positive reviews to outweigh the negatives. i'm mainly paranoid about A) rust and B) leaks

a_penquin 08-18-2009 04:07 PM

my headmans sucked too, the EGR was easy, fitting the two piece driver side together sucked till I pulled out the hammer and 2x4. loosen the EGR up by the upper plenum and tighten the header, then tighten the EGR itself, worked fine that way no leaks. I know the clearance issue on the driver side, the steering shaft wore through my header wrap before it quit binding, and my floor boards get nice and toasty :(

Also expect to pay with a shop doing it, especially is you forgot a part. The shop I had fit my X-pipe said it would have been at least $400 in labor. Took me four days of headaches and it is a two person driveway job.

ride4lyfe 08-18-2009 05:42 PM

i got them, had to do a lil work around the starter to make fit properly

CaptianMorgan65 08-19-2009 12:02 PM

I got some SLP’s with an x pipe, and man what a pain, I was putting a new motor in while I swapped to LT’s , after trying for a few days to get the motor in with the LT’s bolted on I gave up and dropped the K-member. the EGR did not fit up right to ther header so i broke out the mig welder and fixed that problem.Other than that everything went smooth, steering shaft was a pain, but does not rub. Now my car sounds awesome. no leaks yet!