4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

dyno numbers before/after cams!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush2002
no man, I knew you werent. Sorry if I got on a rant. Its just crazy how people assume they are **** cams without knowing the facts. I trust the guy who works on my car. Why shouldnt I. He lives it, he proves it. Don't believe it just watch...

how many people on here can say they have a 538 rwhp car that does mid 9's with only forged internals and a procharger? If you do lets see the video's. I love how so many talk it but can't walk it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmE00Pn_EI
+1...i think Bullet makes some great cams. I understand the route you're going, an can totally respect that. I'll be getting cams from Bullet very soon too. When i do, i'll be getting a fairly mild grind that i won't have to change springs with, and won't have to worry about ptv clearence issues. Basically, i can just drop them in and go! I would think this would have a great appeal to some.

People need to understand it's not all about peak numbers. There are many other good reasons to buy certain cams. Some want a great sound, others want a great power curve (not always associated with the best peak numbers). Some want the ability to just drop the cams in and go...they may not have the need, money, desire, etc, to change springs, change heads, degree them, etc.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
+1...i think Bullet makes some great cams. I understand the route you're going, an can totally respect that. I'll be getting cams from Bullet very soon too. When i do, i'll be getting a fairly mild grind that i won't have to change springs with, and won't have to worry about ptv clearence issues. Basically, i can just drop them in and go! I would think this would have a great appeal to some.

People need to understand it's not all about peak numbers. There are many other good reasons to buy certain cams. Some want a great sound, others want a great power curve (not always associated with the best peak numbers). Some want the ability to just drop the cams in and go...they may not have the need, money, desire, etc, to change springs, change heads, degree them, etc.
this is very true. I went with Bullet because those are the only cams Tim will use. They are not off the shelf cams, they are custom grinds. I heard the conversation when he order them. He told the guy what we wanted and where we were going and the guy just started spitting out numbers, lift, lope, separation, KB so we need tight this and more that. Hell I don't know what the hell he was talking about. All I know is the car runs like a champ, sounds like it and I have no issues at all.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 AM
04 kevinp gt
1st Gear Member

Do you have longtubes or just a mid/ catback setup? I want bullet cams to be my next mod even before my mid pipe ha

Do you have a sound clip of them?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04 kevinp gt
Do you have longtubes or just a mid/ catback setup? I want bullet cams to be my next mod even before my mid pipe ha

Do you have a sound clip of them?
I have stock manifolds, catted bbk x pipe. No i have not been able to make a video yet. I will as soon as I get a chance.