4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

The check out buttons have been pushed, I await the UPS man

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
edawgdesigns.com
Former Sponsor

Would have went with the S/T shifter before the subframe connectors. There's nothing like the feeling of going through all gears in the shortest amount of time.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Congrats on your new mod purchase. Always fun to do some upgradin'

What LCA's did you purchase? (linky please )

Jazzer
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Get a pro50, I've always used them, on multiple cars, no problems yet, and mine gets ABUSED.

I wait tables too... Gotta love the cash dontcha
Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
I wait tables too... Gotta love the cash dontcha
oh yea lol

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Congrats on your new mod purchase. Always fun to do some upgradin'

What LCA's did you purchase? (linky please )

Jazzer
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html
Old 08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

where is that resturant at i think i have heard of it JBs or at least it rings a bell does your friend have any more 31 spline diffs he wants to give away ; )
Old 08-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Nice list! Are you doing all the installs yourself? If so you will have a fun weekend project
Old 08-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman03
where is that resturant at i think i have heard of it JBs or at least it rings a bell does your friend have any more 31 spline diffs he wants to give away ; )
Irmo area, where are you at? and I could honestly ask, his garage is full of so much **** its like pick and pull
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Capt Hair
Always wanted to make one of these kinds of threads
Well, ive been out of work for a couple months now, and havn't been able to put any money into my car(why i got a job in the first place) but finally found a serving job and am making some bank

I ordered:

SCT Live wire tuner
Accufab 75mm t/b/plenum
Black projector head lights (i know some of yall don't like the projectors, but i lik'em)
MM subframe connectors
UPR LCA's
31 spline axles

I splurged a little bit

still need to get a s/t shifter, which i'll probably order a after tonights shift if everything goes well in tips(looking at either a Steeda Tri-ax, or the 5.0 shifters from AM, suggestions welcome) and I'm still looking into a set of cams(again suggestions welcome), and then once all that is done, i'll start piecing together a S/C

Will probably be a while until everything is installed, school just started, but this will give me something to look forward too.
You are not going to like the Livewire tuner. You cant even see it while youre driving so its pretty much pointless to have anything more than an xcal. a few of my friends bought them when they first cam out and then they sold them and bought xcals. Just forewarning you. But the rest of the list looks good. I have a steeda triax and i will tell you that the Pro 5.0 is definitely shorter than the triax. But i love my steeda. Very smooth whether sh*ttin and gettin or just putting around town. But if i could have my pick it would go mgw, pro 50, triax just because ive felt cars with all three and thats the order id rank them. But you just dont turn down a steeda triax shifter for $50. lol that would just be crazy!!! lol and like stated before, definitely go with some cms stg 2 blower cams if you go cams because then you'll be better off when you go supercharger.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by teej281
I have a steeda triax and i will tell you that the Pro 5.0 is definitely shorter than the triax.
It's only because of the 5.0's short handle
Old 08-23-2009, 12:44 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Capt Hair
Irmo area, where are you at? and I could honestly ask, his garage is full of so much **** its like pick and pull
Im in greenwood but I bought my car from a guy in irmo. have you been to that new junk yard yet pull-a-part its up that way

Quick Reply: The check out buttons have been pushed, I await the UPS man