4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Finally after waiting a week... GSM K member's here

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Its lighter than stock though. It looks like the same design that MM uses for their k member kit and its still lighter than stock.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Haha no I'm not keeping my car. This is going in my wifes car. (Right along with my engine and blower. But that's another day.).

She had two bad balljoints and I couldn't see spending 120$ on steeda bj's when for $615 we could get a tubular k and coil overs. (No need for the expensive coil overs unless the wife wants a better ride.). It even came with aluminum off set rack bushings.

When I got it yesterday I was confused because I ordered the standard street kit but they shipped me the upgraded "platinum series" kit. I called and they said I am one of the few lucky ones that they upgraded for free. (Stronger design for the street) the shipping weight was 85 pounds for everything.

I'm just starting the install right now. I'm working by myself so hopefully I'll get-r-done with no issues.

I'm on my BB so no pictures of during the install till tomorrow. (It also alows all of you to see the horrible speller I am since I don't have spell check, lol)
Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

85 is a good bit, but still lighter than stock lol.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Haha no I'm not keeping my car. This is going in my wifes car. (Right along with my engine and blower. But that's another day.).

She had two bad balljoints and I couldn't see spending 120$ on steeda bj's when for $615 we could get a tubular k and coil overs. (No need for the expensive coil overs unless the wife wants a better ride.). It even came with aluminum off set rack bushings.

When I got it yesterday I was confused because I ordered the standard street kit but they shipped me the upgraded "platinum series" kit. I called and they said I am one of the few lucky ones that they upgraded for free. (Stronger design for the street) the shipping weight was 85 pounds for everything.

I'm just starting the install right now. I'm working by myself so hopefully I'll get-r-done with no issues.

I'm on my BB so no pictures of during the install till tomorrow. (It also alows all of you to see the horrible speller I am since I don't have spell check, lol)
Hehe, you said bj.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

So my BB is pissing me off. I can't see any posts made after my last post this morning. Although I can post, ::irritated emoto-icon goes here::
Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

:figured it out. I'm a dumbas$ rebember the 85lbs is for a few pounds of packaging, coil kits, "A" arms and hardware. I just got out the scale, The k member weighs 39lbs and the arms are 8lbs each.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

storm or curve ?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

How much in comparison does the UPR weigh??? Anyone???
Old 09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
How much in comparison does the UPR weigh??? Anyone???
18 or 20ish lbs I cant remember for sure , I was checking them out but people told me UPR is junk.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Curve! I hate the storm.

When I called upr they told me that since I have a street call that it wouldn't be strong enough. QA1 told me the same thing when I called the QA1 HQ. QA1 actually told me to go with GMS and use QA1 coil overs for the best street/stip longevity and quality.

Btw, Nothing mechanical made by upr would ever go on any of my cars. There parts are junk. Over the last 4 years I can't count how many forum users have complained of their products. I think they should stick to "go shinnys" instead of "go fasters".

Install's going good. I've already got the k member up but I'm taken a break. (Yes lizzy, that means I'm on the crapper texting.)

Quick Reply: Finally after waiting a week... GSM K member's here