4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Blacked out

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
i just used regular dupli-color black gloss and they have 2 layers of clear. im not really sure what happened but they have been painted for like 3 months and on each side (u can kinda see it in the rear pic) the tail has sunk in for some reason... any ideas why? i thought i got hit at first but its the exact same on the other tail also. maybe i need to wet sand them to get them glossy.

ur car is one of my favs lol. love the rear shot u posted, and ur sig looks like its ready to eat something... where did u get ur hood from? is it a 3"? how much if u dont mind?
MY Tailights have those exact Dents in them.. Never notices them until i just put the tint on them this weekend.......
Old 09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
MY Tailights have those exact Dents in them.. Never notices them until i just put the tint on them this weekend.......
where did you get your tail light tint? do you like it? does it hold up?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

I personally like the look of both black and chrome. Comletely blacked out looks badass too but I like it when some chrome breaks up all of the black. Here's my old GT, mostly blacked out, but with black bullitts with a chrome lip, slp polished tips, SS inserts, and other random silver accents.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:46 PM
cobra dreamer
2nd Gear Member

there not saleens but it is blacked out

Old 09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by liljojo4711
i just used regular dupli-color black gloss and they have 2 layers of clear. im not really sure what happened but they have been painted for like 3 months and on each side (u can kinda see it in the rear pic) the tail has sunk in for some reason... any ideas why? i thought i got hit at first but its the exact same on the other tail also. maybe i need to wet sand them to get them glossy.

ur car is one of my favs lol. love the rear shot u posted, and ur sig looks like its ready to eat something... where did u get ur hood from? is it a 3"? how much if u dont mind?
thanks lol...and its a 3.5"...idk where from or how much, it was on the car when i bought it
Old 09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

i blacked mine out but i dont know if i like it or not, I get mixed opinions on it some like it some dont i think i going to get some chrome cobras
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by mustangman03
i blacked mine out but i dont know if i like it or not, I get mixed opinions on it some like it some dont i think i going to get some chrome cobras
heres to get a good comparison

sometimes i miss the chrome wheels...but i dont think i would ever go back to them lol

Last edited by 99BlackPonyGT; 09-09-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
sometimes i miss the chrome wheels...but i dont think i would ever go back to them lol
I see but i painted mine and i like but i dont like it I dont know. I painted them to see what it would look like i got like 20 bucks in painting them but i also like chrome but i think it would look better with chrome id love to have saleens but the tires cost so much for 18s and i was going to get DD 10th anniversary rims but the offset didnt look like it would be enough on the back. So i dont know ive looked at picks of all of them on americanmuscle but i still dont know.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
blee69mustang
4th Gear Member

yo you should post this in the photo shop section of the forums. there are some good people with photo shop over there. could give it a shot.
but id say hypercoat black saleens would look sick
Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra dreamer
there not saleens but it is blacked out

I really like this car! But ? for ya, the hood, is it hanging over the front too far? It looks like the corners don't match on the front driver headlight area. But i like the cobra bumper with the raised hood, always have! My car needs a paint job next year and all these sexy black stangs make me wonder if i want to paint it black instead of keeping the factory color lol.

Quick Reply: Blacked out