4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new here! please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

just bumping because the past couple days seems to have a bunch of new people....hell i think its sticky worthy and all people should have to read it b4 posting...but i dont think that will fly
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Wow, totally slept on this, but it is relevant to my interest.

Originally Posted by jvog
hahaha. I saw the title, and looked to see who started it and I was like oh god this has to be good
Ditto, and it was worth it too.

MY .02 EDIT:

I know the search function can be moody at some times, but if you google mustangforums and then your search topic like this:

http://tinyurl.com/ye3jldb

you will get a lot of good results too. kthxbai.

Last edited by ChalknCover; 12-15-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
im too broke to have a hobby...im going racing tomorrow though, and then taking the course for my motorcycle license afterwards...so i wont be bored tomorrow! time to run some high 14s in my truck...ill try not to lose control at such daring speeds of 90mph in the 1/4

oh yea...just to update this....i passed my course for my bike license, and i ran my truck that day

i was pissed though...i was running 15.0s in the middle of summer when it was hot as *****...it was nice out this day, perfect weather for racing, same track etc...i couldnt do better than 15.4....****ing a....i sold the truck though so i guess it doesnt matter lol...cant wait to get my car done and actually run real times instead of 15s .... i spent like $300 doing maintenance so i figured i would be running good enough to pick up into the 14.9's but i couldnt even duplicate a 15.0

and my 90mph traps went down to 87-88
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

lol this is great

Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

So if you don't have the truck, what are you driving through that lovely OH snow?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Oh, and another pointer next time you want to create a noob thread, misspell the title, I notice a lot of noobs like to do that or misabbreviate things, then it will be 100% win.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
So if you don't have the truck, what are you driving through that lovely OH snow?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I'm not being a "search ****" but why do members of forums get so pissed about someone not using the search function? I agree it is very annoying to see the same type of post but if people did not make new threads and always used the search function this place would be a database and not a Forum and eventually people would stop coming here. It is not only MF that does this I'm on many Forums and people are always posting "use the search function".
I guess I view the function of a forum differently than most. If I see a topic I know is beat to death I ignore it. Again I'm just curios why it bothers people nothing more
Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by BraMas
I'm not being a "search ****" but why do members of forums get so pissed about someone not using the search function? I agree it is very annoying to see the same type of post but if people did not make new threads and always used the search function this place would be a database and not a Forum and eventually people would stop coming here. It is not only MF that does this I'm on many Forums and people are always posting "use the search function".
I guess I view the function of a forum differently than most. If I see a topic I know is beat to death I ignore it. Again I'm just curios why it bothers people nothing more
plenty of posts are original enough to be worth posting in...im not saying everything should be searched, because a lot of stuff will not even come up on the search function on this forum...

but seriously... sub frame connectors, gears, CAI, stuff like that...you can find all that one the first page of the forum let alone search...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

It doesn't bother me too much, it is just laziness for the most part. Plus, half the time there is a related thread on the same page. If you do the footwork, but then want to know why or it still confuses you then ask. Like instead of saying 3.73's or 4.10's, if they were like, what is the difference and why does it make a difference? then that is a horse of a different color. Like his little quip, what cold air intake??? over asked, use the search. but if you were like "why is a cai not a important first mod?" then you will get a more loving response.