4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Will the shaker and hood off '04 Mach bolt to my '99 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default Will the shaker and hood off '04 Mach bolt to my '99 GT

I have a 1999 GT with stock hood, and I found a Mach parting out and wondering if it will be a direct bolt up buying the shaker system and hood?

Thanks guys.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Hood? Yes.

Shaker? You will have to fab brackets.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

^^^Agreed
Old 09-12-2009, 11:21 PM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Wow, that is gonna look great... if you do it. I've been trying to find something like that in my area for awhile now.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 AM
waggs
3rd Gear Member

yeah it'll work with custom brackets. i've done it twice. pm me if you have questions
Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
IRSmart
2nd Gear Member

i have it on my current 03 GT. i hated how the scoop on the GT's weren't functional, so i decided to do something about it. you'll need the hood, the shaker, the black shaker mount directly underneath the shaker, all air tubing, and some metal brackets from home depot. i made the brackets for less than $10 in parts and it's held up perfectly for over a year. i have a couple pix of my install if you want to see how i did it
Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

IRSmart, yes I would like some pics that'd be awesome. and waggs PM sent.
Thanks guys.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:01 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

i would like to see some pics too...

i want a shaker but think the cdc shaker system looks goofy
Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
IRSmart
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sweger
i would like to see some pics too...

i want a shaker but think the cdc shaker system looks goofy
i do as well, which is why i went with a factory mach 1 hood

here are my install pics. i had to fab up some brackets using hardware at home depot. about a year later, and everything is still holding up just fine. i've tweaked it a few times to line things up properly, and i had to remove it both when i needed to remove my alternator, plus when i had to install my strut tower bar (not pictured). overall, i could not be more pleased with the results.

(click for bigger pics)

to mount it to the front, i just took two metal plates and bolted them under the alternator bracket to holt the front in place. all 4 bolts hold the front of the shaker on, and seem to do a pretty good job. i then used a long bolt inside of a steel spacer to get the proper hight. i didn't take a very good pic of how both sides mount however, just how i got the hight. after the spacer, you can kind of see a horizontal plate sticking out to the left underneath of the shaker bracket. this is because the alternator is not as wide as the shaker (obviously). so i took a horizontal piece that extended quite a bit farther on the RIGHT so that the shaker bracket would have something to attach to. in order to get a good pic of what i'm talking about, i'd have to remove the shaker itself from the mounting bracket, because the shaker, air ducting, and radiator hoses are in the way for a good pic from the driver's side.

for the rear, i used another metal plate and used the 2 rear throttle body bolts to hold that plate in place. that gave me something to bolt the shaker bracket to, because underneath is free and easy to get to. then i basically did the same thing i did in the front, with 2 steel spacers with long bolts on the inside. i had to bend the extending plates a little to line up with the contour of the shaker bracket. in the pics, you can't see the throttle body bolts because of the angle i took the pic at, but they're right behind the 2 spacers.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

yeah i read a write up someone did to make it work...pretty impressive but more work than im willing to put into it. although the shakers do look super sexy

Quick Reply: Will the shaker and hood off '04 Mach bolt to my '99 GT