4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help me with this 04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

i'd never pay over 10k for a new edge...just me though.

edit. i would go to 15k for a dang clean 99 or 01 cobra or mach
Old 09-17-2009, 02:25 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I was just curious about it because it really does look so fresh (although looks can definitely be deceiving). Personally (and no offense to any of you) I like S197's looks a lot more, but I would love to have a GT. (Currently a S197 4.0 owner.)
What do you think they would give me for a trade in and to take away a GT off their lot? I doubt they would straight up trade - if that's even possible lol.
Reason I ask is because they have two other New Edge GT's sitting there too, a white one that clearly has some huge exhausts (and thats all that I could tell) and a red one that looks stock.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxshuty
I was just curious about it because it really does look so fresh (although looks can definitely be deceiving). Personally (and no offense to any of you) I like S197's looks a lot more, but I would love to have a GT. (Currently a S197 4.0 owner.)
What do you think they would give me for a trade in and to take away a GT off their lot? I doubt they would straight up trade - if that's even possible lol.
Reason I ask is because they have two other New Edge GT's sitting there too, a white one that clearly has some huge exhausts (and thats all that I could tell) and a red one that looks stock.
the questions you are asking clearly show that you are inexperienced with buying vehicles. If you are really interested in that car I would say get someone with some buying skills to do the dealing for you. The dealer is going to try to hose you severly most likely and they will see that you desperately want a GT and use that against you. You need to relax and go in there with the attitude that there are a bazillion other GT's for sale and if you dont get that one there is another one down the road. Just some helpful advice. Dont let them screw you because of your wants.

btw...they are not your friend, they are in business to make money or they would not be in business!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Nice car Roush2002 btw!
And I'm inexperienced, yes, but I wouldnt just go in there saying I want a GT. I'd go in there saying I'm looking at getting some totally different car and a GT is something I'm not very interested in, sort of the negative attitude. Thats the sort of thing I did when I got this Mustang.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Nice car Roush2002 btw!
And I'm inexperienced, yes, but I wouldnt just go in there saying I want a GT. I'd go in there saying I'm looking at getting some totally different car and a GT is something I'm not very interested in, sort of the negative attitude. Thats the sort of thing I did when I got this Mustang.
thanks for the comment. Im just trying to help you out man. I dont know how old you are but I have purchased many vehicles throughout my life and I have met quite a few people in the auto sales industry. They are hungry and when they see a young guy(im assuming you are fairly young) shopping for a sports car they know that a payday is possibly coming. They know you most likely dont have money, they know you probably dont have the best credit, they know all you want to here is that you can leave with the car today etc etc. They have a picture painted of your situation and how they will tackle it before you even say hi to them. Its just the way it is. Just be smart about your decision and you will be fine. Take the advice the others have said about price/mileage etc and do what you feel is right. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

NAAAWWWZZZZ