4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

In the market for a supercharger.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
Where are you seeing just head units? I haven't seen any.
corral.net... sorry if im not supposed to be advertising other sites, i love MF but their classifieds sort of suck, the rest of the site is good but there is hardly anything for sale.

corral has their own section for blowers and there is TONS of stuff up daily, esp P1s and S trims. Just make sure you buy a CCW one for the 4.6 and not a 5.0 (they don't sep sections in classifieds by year ) atleast not for blowers.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
corral.net... sorry if im not supposed to be advertising other sites, i love MF but their classifieds sort of suck, the rest of the site is good but there is hardly anything for sale.

corral has their own section for blowers and there is TONS of stuff up daily, esp P1s and S trims. Just make sure you buy a CCW one for the 4.6 and not a 5.0 (they don't sep sections in classifieds by year ) atleast not for blowers.
Two of the ads I have posted are from that site. I actually have been wanting to contact the 2nd one, but for some reason the account I created will not activate. I tried another username, email address, and computer. Same thing, it wont let me post anywhere on the site without giving me some long error message. I clicked the guys link at the bottom to his ebay account and sent him a message there, no response yet, but who checks those. I wonder if anyone on here has an account and can give him my email address.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

What's his username I'll send him a PM for you
Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
What's his username I'll send him a PM for you
PM sent.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:04 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Well, decided not to mess with people online and used parts and went new. Just left the shop and ordered and payed for a new V2 S trim kit. Should have it installed within a week or two. Here is a breakdown...

V2 tuner kit 2790
90mm lightning MAF/42 lb injectors 300
2 SVT focus fuel pumps 160
dual fuel pump hose kit 140
200 dollars in taxes
1100 install(including underdrive pulley removal, fuel pump, and dyno tune)

So about 4700 installed.
I will keep you all posted on everything, also does everyone run the dual pump set up?
He said the problem with one isn't necessarily pressure, but it is volume.
Also have HR SS springs, tokico hp series shocks and struts, and MM CC plates in mail from AM which I think I will try to do myself, but maybe not who knows
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Nice, you really were not just talking about it haha. thats going to be so nice, i can't wait till I have enough money to buy one myself
Old 09-19-2009, 02:10 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Capt Hair
Nice, you really were not just talking about it haha. thats going to be so nice, i can't wait till I have enough money to buy one myself
Yeah, it is really doing some damage to me financially, but I hope it will be worth it.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
Yeah, it is really doing some damage to me financially, but I hope it will be worth it.
thats why I'm going to try to find a used one, or piece one together lol, but yea, i can't imagine it not being worth it.

I got to drive my dads friends termi yesterday and OMG haha, theres no going back, i want one sooooo bad! The power is amazing!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

you coulda saved alot just piecing the whole kit together new @ superchargersonline.com lol, they even have new headunits.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:49 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Those head units are alteast 2000, the other components add up to be about the same...Neg nancy

Quick Reply: In the market for a supercharger.