4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Running 17x9 fr500 on all four corners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Something people are neglecting to think about "having patience". You don't need to buy everything right now. If you know want what looks best for your "Idea" of perfection then just save longer. Rome wasn't built in a day and your car doesn't have to try to be. If I had my way my car would have been built the first year, instead it took 4.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Something people are neglecting to think about "having patience". You don't need to buy everything right now. If you know want what looks best for your "Idea" of perfection then just save longer. Rome wasn't built in a day and your car doesn't have to try to be. If I had my way my car would have been built the first year, instead it took 4.
+1

i've almost had my car for a year and its still basically bone stock.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
im also a college student. i don't work at the moment though because free time with my friends is much more important to me than a car. these are some of the last years to do crazy **** and have a great time. i don't want to look back on college and think about all of the moments i missed out on because i was working to mod a car. i can have my badass car when i graduate in a few years. not to mention ill be able to do it without going broke at the same time.
I can agree with ya, I still have crazy fun. I have class in the morning, work afternoons, and nights are my fun time to go to the bar n sh*t.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
+1
/Thread
Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I can agree with ya, I still have crazy fun. I have class in the morning, work afternoons, and nights are my fun time to go to the bar n sh*t.
for sure. im an accounting major so afternoons are reserved for all the BS homework/studying i have to do.

if you can work a lot of hours and do all of your homework, props and more power to you.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
for sure. im an accounting major so afternoons are reserved for all the BS homework/studying i have to do.

if you can work a lot of hours and do all of your homework, props and more power to you.
I have 18 credits this semester and I'm on faculty at the college as a counselor, Ugh, I can understand. (That still doesn't stop me from being on here, lol. between my BB, school computers and laptops and home I can get on anytime day or night lol.)
Old 09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Well unfortunately it isn't so easy here. I still have another 3 1/2 years in the Air Force. Wich by the way does not pay wheel at all. I am a mechanic on F-16's, a job that would pay 30+ an hour or more in civilian fields and I make maybe 2 grand a month. Not to mention being married. Yeah my wife works but every time we PCS to another base we have to start from scratch again because I am the only one working when that happens and she has to find another job. Right now I am stuck in Alaska for over another year and tire prices are outrageous up here as is the shipping. Tire rack wanted almsot 300 bucks to ship winter tires for my fusion hybrid! It's insane. I figured this would start a bit of a war but was really hoping someone could post some pics with the standard fr500 setup even if they were FRPP's. If I do decide to go deep dish I am looking at about 400 plus bucks for just 2 315's . Looks liek I will have to order two 17x9s and mount them while car is down for the winter and see what they look like with the two on one side of the car. If I don't like it I guess I will just go back and order two more in a 17x10.5 and put the 17x9's up front. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Tyler2001GT
1st Gear Member

I have 17x9 fr500s all the way around and I love them!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Screw it. You guys are right, if I don't get the DD rears I will regret it. I will talk to the wife. As it is I am going to have to get two rims for xmas then 2 for my bday in Jan and then the two rear tires later lol. Well, at least winter isn't over till about May up here so I won't be driving the stang for a while lol.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
Well unfortunately it isn't so easy here. I still have another 3 1/2 years in the Air Force. Wich by the way does not pay wheel at all. I am a mechanic on F-16's, a job that would pay 30+ an hour or more in civilian fields and I make maybe 2 grand a month. Not to mention being married. Yeah my wife works but every time we PCS to another base we have to start from scratch again because I am the only one working when that happens and she has to find another job. Right now I am stuck in Alaska for over another year and tire prices are outrageous up here as is the shipping. Tire rack wanted almsot 300 bucks to ship winter tires for my fusion hybrid! It's insane. I figured this would start a bit of a war but was really hoping someone could post some pics with the standard fr500 setup even if they were FRPP's. If I do decide to go deep dish I am looking at about 400 plus bucks for just 2 315's . Looks liek I will have to order two 17x9s and mount them while car is down for the winter and see what they look like with the two on one side of the car. If I don't like it I guess I will just go back and order two more in a 17x10.5 and put the 17x9's up front. Thanks for any help guys.
There's no debate really, just take your time and buy what you think looks best. To me, it's idiotic to buy wheels that you think wont look the best. If you don't agree that 10" wide rear wheel looks best then, ok but if you think the 10" wheels looks the best then, save your pennies.

About the military, You're preaching to the choir. I spent 11 years in the military and you make room for what you want/need. It sounds like you're being selfish about buying wheels because if you can't afford to wait and you're complaining about other bills then you more than likely can't afford the wheels you're trying to buy now.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to argue or start anything, it's just the way I see it.

Quick Reply: Running 17x9 fr500 on all four corners?