4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My new 2000 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

very clean looking car, especially for a 2000.

nice find and congrats on the purchase.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dteal23
i love white... nice car man, needs wheels and lowering springs asap!
Lowering springs are iffy, but wheels for sure. I figure I will wait until next spring for those though, since the winter weather is coming soon, haha... Michigan roads not always the best for lowered cars, but they are an optioin.

Originally Posted by jrherald420
love the outside color, hate the inside color.
Agreed. I have some ideas on changing it a bit. I am thinking of making a lot of the tan black (the vinyl and plastic) to change it and maybe give it more contrast. The seats and carpet are in great shape though, so need to change or replace.... Plus black with tan accents should be pretty cool.... (what you all think?)
Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
very clean looking car, especially for a 2000.

nice find and congrats on the purchase.
thanks. thats why i jumped on the offer. all it needed was a good cleanin. im gunna be cleaning the engine bay next. we'll see how that goes, haha.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
Lowering springs are iffy, but wheels for sure. I figure I will wait until next spring for those though, since the winter weather is coming soon, haha... Michigan roads not always the best for lowered cars, but they are an optioin.

Agreed. I have some ideas on changing it a bit. I am thinking of making a lot of the tan black (the vinyl and plastic) to change it and maybe give it more contrast. The seats and carpet are in great shape though, so need to change or replace.... Plus black with tan accents should be pretty cool.... (what you all think?)
i dont know, what do you think?

that was one of the color options on the 94s. i personally like an all black interior the best.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

thanks for the pic 945Lstang. I actually like it (compared to what I have). I think if I did it, there would be more black, or another dark color... but that does help. And I would prefer all black as well, but no point replacing the seats and all just yet. Mine as well spend my money on other things!!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Fobra
Banned

car looks really good for the year.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
thanks for the pic 945Lstang. I actually like it (compared to what I have). I think if I did it, there would be more black, or another dark color... but that does help. And I would prefer all black as well, but no point replacing the seats and all just yet. Mine as well spend my money on other things!!
+1

great minds think a like!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Congrats on your purchase! What plans do you have for your car?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Congrats on your purchase! What plans do you have for your car?
Well here is a quick list, not a full list. I am still debating on a lot of things, so nothing is set in stone. But I know you guys will have advice and feedback on my ideas, so here ya go.

-exhaust (h and cat back, maybe headers)
-intake
-tune
-gears (not sure on ratio yet)
-custom interior work
-new stereo, speakers, and maybe a small sub or two (nothing crazy, just some extra low end for the music)
-cowl hood, maybe 2" or so
-remove the spoiler
-custom striping (still working on design)
maybe a front lip or fascia, skirts and rear bumper cover (granted i find one i like...)
-def some staggered 18 or 19 inch wheels
-sequential tail light kit
-led third brake light (keeping stock tails)

thats all i can think of right now. what do ya think?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Dont go bigger than 18" for wheels. I suggest 18's all around and it looks and performs great. Front bumpers...you got the 01 cobra, 03 cobra, roush, saleen, and cobra r and those are pretty much the only ones accepted as not rice on the forums. Cowl hood=sexy as heck. Stereo can be good just dont rice it out with tv's and stuff. Everyone likes to cruise to some good quality sound. Gears...either 4.10's or 3.73's. I got 4.10's and they are awesome. Would never go with 3.73's except for forced induction. I would definitely do longtube headers with your exhaust. H pipes are more monotone and more of a hum with a stock cams and doesnt have much character. And they sound deeper. X pipes are more racecar sounding and they have more character in my opinion. They are also louder. And you'll probably want cats for emissions. And then catback really all depends on how loud you wanna go and what type of noise you wanna make. Hope this rant helps

Quick Reply: My new 2000 GT