4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My new 2000 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Congratulations on your new purchase, i just recently acquired my first Mustang, an 02 GT, so i know the feeling. Have fun with it.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Nice lookin car. Your gonna love it...its basically my life lol. Most people don't get it lol.

Good luck with the car.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Dont go bigger than 18" for wheels. I suggest 18's all around and it looks and performs great. Front bumpers...you got the 01 cobra, 03 cobra, roush, saleen, and cobra r and those are pretty much the only ones accepted as not rice on the forums. Cowl hood=sexy as heck. Stereo can be good just dont rice it out with tv's and stuff. Everyone likes to cruise to some good quality sound. Gears...either 4.10's or 3.73's. I got 4.10's and they are awesome. Would never go with 3.73's except for forced induction. I would definitely do longtube headers with your exhaust. H pipes are more monotone and more of a hum with a stock cams and doesnt have much character. And they sound deeper. X pipes are more racecar sounding and they have more character in my opinion. They are also louder. And you'll probably want cats for emissions. And then catback really all depends on how loud you wanna go and what type of noise you wanna make. Hope this rant helps
hey i appreciate the input. the body kit is the questionable issue. there are far too many kits with weird curves that go nothing with the lines of the car and throw in big fog lights just for kicks i guess.

im just looking for a good cd player deck, nothing fancy. i dont need tv while driving, haha.

i like the h's a lil better though. have not decided on cat back yet. dont want obnoxious noise. something u hear when your punching it, but something you can drive kinda mellow with to. make sense?

Originally Posted by wrr1020
Congratulations on your new purchase, i just recently acquired my first Mustang, an 02 GT, so i know the feeling. Have fun with it.

congrats right back at ya. i am having fun. as i bet you are!

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Nice lookin car. Your gonna love it...its basically my life lol. Most people don't get it lol.

Good luck with the car.
I get it, haha. i have wanted one for a long time. love the 2010's but frankly insurance companies prefer to prevent fun for the younger generation. so it was not realistic. haha. but thanks again!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

And another question...why does your GT have 6cyl wheels on it??? were 17's seriously still an option back then??? But yea, i hear ya about the body kits. I think that you might be able to get started on mods with a catted h pipe and catback. I think mustangmancp has one for sale due to recent upgrade to longtubes and they sound good. I think you would be very happy with an exhaust setup like he had originally which was flowmaster american thunder catback and the MRT catted h pipe...which is the best on the market i think. So that will get you making noise and not be too loud but have that classic mustang sound.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:12 AM
hamoodo
1st Gear Member

Congratulations
very nice
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
And another question...why does your GT have 6cyl wheels on it??? were 17's seriously still an option back then??? But yea, i hear ya about the body kits. I think that you might be able to get started on mods with a catted h pipe and catback. I think mustangmancp has one for sale due to recent upgrade to longtubes and they sound good. I think you would be very happy with an exhaust setup like he had originally which was flowmaster american thunder catback and the MRT catted h pipe...which is the best on the market i think. So that will get you making noise and not be too loud but have that classic mustang sound.
no idea. the wheels were on the car, haha.

i am thinkin the offroad h from mrt. it is the best. ive heard it from many people (and actually used to work there). it sounded like the sss exhaust might be good, but is that going to be a lot louder?

and thanks for the continued input.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
no idea. the wheels were on the car, haha.

i am thinkin the offroad h from mrt. it is the best. ive heard it from many people (and actually used to work there). it sounded like the sss exhaust might be good, but is that going to be a lot louder?

and thanks for the continued input.
Are you asking is SSS going to louder than Flows? If that's the case then yes. They make 2 versions. The adrenaline's (deep and smoother and probably a little louder than flows) and the terminator's (still deep but more raw and very loud).
Old 09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Are you asking is SSS going to louder than Flows? If that's the case then yes. They make 2 versions. The adrenaline's (deep and smoother and probably a little louder than flows) and the terminator's (still deep but more raw and very loud).
im not against loud. im against obnoxious right now. for the price, and what ive been reading about materials and all, it sounds like the sss adrenaline is maybe the best option for me at this point. the sss adrenaline, how loud is it at idle and low rpms? i guess compared to stock. obviously it is going to be louder, but it is realy loud compared to stock at the low end?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
im not against loud. im against obnoxious right now. for the price, and what ive been reading about materials and all, it sounds like the sss adrenaline is maybe the best option for me at this point. the sss adrenaline, how loud is it at idle and low rpms? i guess compared to stock. obviously it is going to be louder, but it is realy loud compared to stock at the low end?
No, the Adrenaline mufflers have a nice deep tone on the low end, and scream pretty good at WOT. They sound alot like Borla Stingers imo.

The idle is a little louder than stock, but nothing huge.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
No, the Adrenaline mufflers have a nice deep tone on the low end, and scream pretty good at WOT. They sound alot like Borla Stingers imo.

The idle is a little louder than stock, but nothing huge.
sounds like what im going for. and from what ive read, im not sure u can beat the price for what u get...

thanks rod!

Quick Reply: My new 2000 GT