4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

KB non intercooled + Cams.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
Also true^^

Was he running more meth than water? KB says its fine to run a 50/50 mix. I have heard of ppl doing it for years and not having a problem. But they say no to running straight meth of the likes of it.

I'll have to talk to Tim about that when i call him again.
i dont know the details about what happened. All I know is he told me "see what happens when you run meth on a kb".
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
Is there any particular reason you really want to run cams? To me, and I could be horribly wrong, but it seems more like you're just looking for the 'cool cam sound' instead of thinking of the big picture here.

With your goals in mind, cams just don't really fit into the picture IMO. I would buy the I/C supercharger kit and just enjoy the safe, moderate setup.
lol a little wrong , I mean I dont want cams for just sound even tho that is a plus , My net hp goal is no more then 380 hp and that is more then enough right there. I was thinking Stage 1 cams with a KB non I/C set up would be great to hit the mark Im looking for , Not too aggressive but yet not too low. Like I said I dont need to squeeze in as much hp as possible as soon as possible , Im taking my time with it. I just want to push the power a little over the mid 300 range and then build my suspension.

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
Also true^^

Was he running more meth than water? KB says its fine to run a 50/50 mix. I have heard of ppl doing it for years and not having a problem. But they say no to running straight meth of the likes of it.

I'll have to talk to Tim about that when i call him again.
Originally Posted by Roush2002
i dont know the details about what happened. All I know is he told me "see what happens when you run meth on a kb".
I was talking to a friend's dad that runs a KB on his vette who was thinking of running meth , His tuner told him that it would be complicated. So any kind of meth is being scratched off of my list. Ill keep updated on which blower I will be using , I could get a great deal on a new self contained Cetri blower but I love the KB's so who knows.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

I dont think the blower internals like Meth too much, if am not mistaken, I think it causes corrosion.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Update: Well today I received two packages , one from the UPS man and one from the Good lord himself. First my girl delivered a healthy baby boy named Caleb Michael , 8.lbs and head full of hair. Im stoked to be a dad finally !!! Now onto the cool stuff , after all that crazy hell in the hospital I came home to let the dog out and found the brown , 70's shorts wearing guy pulling upto my driveway. I know I said I was looking at a kenne Bell but I found a great on a nice v3 combo with 42.lbs injectors and a 90mm lightning MAF Brand new ! I will be running it non inter-cooled for a little but yes today was a good day. Here's some pics ........

All I need is the fuel pump , some gauges and surely small things Im forgetting . Install in spring time , looking to getting it tuned at EVI in Davison , Mi.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Congrats on being a dad and also with purchasing the Vortech.