4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Rear LCA questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM
the_camo_snake
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear LCA questions

So I noticed my Kenny Brown lcas were rusted and the sway bar is about to fall off from so much rust. No biggy Im gonna get new ones. But there is my dilemma which ones to get? Cost is a big factor but just as big is quality and performance. I am looking at MM and Steeda and they both seem good. I dont daily drive it and take it to the drag strip maybe 5 times a year so what do you all think is my best bet for traction but on a budget?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Well I have these upr ones. http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html They aren't expensive but have nice quality and work really well.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Id stay away from UPR and Granatelli. They are both not the best. A lot of people like UPR but i dont really car for them much. If you are looking for decent lower control arms, i'd say go with some team z or hpm lower control arms. They are a little bit more expensive than most but they are high quality and are worth the extra coin i'd say.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Id stay away from UPR and Granatelli. They are both not the best. A lot of people like UPR but i dont really car for them much. If you are looking for decent lower control arms, i'd say go with some team z or hpm lower control arms. They are a little bit more expensive than most but they are high quality and are worth the extra coin i'd say.
Teej, did u have a bad experience with UPR?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I have GMS without a single issue!
MM and Steeda both make good LCA's
Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I like the UPR ones Marcus mentioned and are going to be just fine for DD or occasional track use. If you decide to start going super-sticky's out back and hit the launch pad (includes on the street at stop signs) I would recommend Griggs MCA 4500 S-99 adjustable poly/spherical LCA's. I would NOT go poly/poly arms reguardless of brand.

Jazzer
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

And what UCAs would you run with those Jazzer?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ I wouldn't run any at all

I actually run PHB with a torque arm, so I would go with UPR Pro-Series UCA's if I were to need them. These too are spherical ended to REALLY help reduce the negative effects of the Mustang 4-link "quadra-bind" rear suspension. This is why I am NOT a fan of poly/poly LCA's/UCA's. I only wish I could have cought BlueBloodedPony in time

Jazzer
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Not to hijack the thread, but what is a reasonable priced CA that will LOWER my rear end a little bit and improve traction greatly??? would the UPR PRO SERIES UCA that you posted lower my car?? im a suspension nooby, but i want to learn

do UCA's lower cars if they are adjustable, or do adjustable LCA's lower cars?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The only way to lower your car with LCA's, is the weight jacker type and not a fan.

Adjustable LCA's have a bolt that screws in/out of the arm to help center the axle upon lowering. Lowering the car will not move the axle much, but will a small amount. A solid arm is going to be just fine 98% of the time, but adjustable is a nice little perk to the upgrade. The adjustable ones usually have a spherical end and definitely the ONLY way to go when wanting improved cornering in your Stang.

Jazzer

Quick Reply: Rear LCA questions