4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

trying this dyno thing again

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:22 AM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

Default trying this dyno thing again

well i'm taking my car to the dyno again to hopefully get my car tuned properly this time. those of u that read any of my last posts about getting a supposed dyno tune know that it was a complete joke. so ever since i've put bullet stage 2 cams on i have been runnin stock tune with a/f touching 10 throught most of the rpm range. hey rich can't harm anything so whatever. going to performance dyno in concord, nh today. hopefully i'll see some good results. with canned sct tune i put out 268hp/293rwt. hopefully tuned right i'll see better numbers
Old 10-03-2009, 09:04 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Good luck man! If everything goes well, what do you expect it to pull?
Old 10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Decent wrtq, you could use about 20 more hp
Old 10-03-2009, 07:43 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

just got back form the dyno. numbers didn't change that much, but the a/f graph is 100% better. he worked on the car for like 3 hrs until he finally got the a/f and idle right. Great guy really knows what he's talking about (pete at performance dyno concord, nh) there was a 03 cobra there right before me. put down 803 hp. damn thing was insane!!!!

old graph:

new graph:

hp/tq:
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Nice! So, they got all the bugs worked out?

BTW, do if your ported NPI heads are supposed to outflow stock PI heads? Reason i ask is because i'm trying to figure out what my car may put down with these cams.

It appears except for the different heads, and UDP's, that we basically have the same mods.

I know dynos very and what not, but i'm just curious how you're heads flow compared to mine.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
massred98gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang

BTW, do if your ported NPI heads are supposed to outflow stock PI heads? Reason i ask is because i'm trying to figure out what my car may put down with these cams.

It appears except for the different heads, and UDP's, that we basically have the same mods.

I know dynos very and what not, but i'm just curious how you're heads flow compared to mine.

Thanks.
ported npi heads do outflow pi heads. mine don't because i very mildly gasket matched/polished the intake /exhaust ports and unshrouded the intake valve alittle. didn't flow bench em after so i odn't kow exact numbers. what cams did u end up buying the stage 2's?? u'll love em. the guy that tuned my car was flabergasted that my gt put out as much power as it did lol. i blushed alittle. i'm guessing between 270-310 on ur application
Old 10-03-2009, 09:19 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang

Thanks.
a bolton PI gt with cams will be 290-300ish rwhp from what ive seen. hes also got shorty headers where youve got longtubes (longtubes giving an upper hand).

Last edited by MU71L4710N; 10-03-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by massred98gt
ported npi heads do outflow pi heads. mine don't because i very mildly gasket matched/polished the intake /exhaust ports and unshrouded the intake valve alittle. didn't flow bench em after so i odn't kow exact numbers. what cams did u end up buying the stage 2's?? u'll love em. the guy that tuned my car was flabergasted that my gt put out as much power as it did lol. i blushed alittle. i'm guessing between 270-310 on ur application
I don't have them yet, but i will very soon. I still plan on the Bullet stage 2's. 270-300??? lol. I hope i gain more than 1 hp...lol. Seriously, if i don't hit at least 285 hp i'll be dissappointed. Nick says closer to 300, but i'm hoping he's not just stroking my ego!

That's cool that your tuner was impressed. Did he happen to mention how these cams performed and sounded compared to others?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
a bolton PI gt with cams will be 290-300ish rwhp from what ive seen. hes also got shorty headers where youve got longtubes (longtubes giving an upper hand).
Good point on the headers! I missed that difference.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by massred98gt

Good power on that NPI finally. Did you get a good valve job done to those NPI heads? Stock they only have a single angle valve job and will gain about 15-20CFM in the midlift from a good 3 angle job.

Quick Reply: trying this dyno thing again