Track results after LT install... - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Track results after LT install...

Reply

 
 
 
Old 10-03-2009, 10:46 PM
  #11  
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,607
Default

That's awesome to hear, congrats! What tires are you running?
WannaBeGearHead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 AM
  #12  
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
tim2002gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 670
Default

Thanks man!

Its just a little 8.5" tire! Its a 255/60/15 ET street radial. The next set I buy will be their 275/60/15's and/or 28/10.5 ET drags.
tim2002gt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 AM
  #13  
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member
 
Dteal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 681
Default

flowtech longtubes huh, i was thinking if those were anygood. longtubes are next on my list
Dteal23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:40 AM
  #14  
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
tim2002gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 670
Default

Well, they were cheap first off and when we installed them they actually fit really well. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget build. Time will tell how well they hold up.

I didn't use the gaskets they came with however. I ordered a set of Percy's seal-4-good aluminum gaskets. They sealed nicely and weren't that expensive.

Last edited by tim2002gt; 10-04-2009 at 12:43 AM.
tim2002gt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:23 AM
  #15  
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member
 
Dteal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 681
Default

Originally Posted by tim2002gt View Post
Well, they were cheap first off and when we installed them they actually fit really well. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget build. Time will tell how well they hold up.

I didn't use the gaskets they came with however. I ordered a set of Percy's seal-4-good aluminum gaskets. They sealed nicely and weren't that expensive.
where did you buy them??? how much did you get them for if you dont mind? found some headman and flowtechs for cheap but they are painted steel... opinions on painted steel vs ceramic or stainless? i know ceramic is better than stainless and stainless is better than painted steel, but the steel ones i found are 269...
Dteal23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:32 AM
  #16  
tim2002gt
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
tim2002gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 670
Default

I bought them lightly used with the x pipe for $200. They were on a friends car for ~3k miles. Also, mine are just the painted ones, but I did buy some of the VHT Flameproof paint and put a couple coats on them before I installed them. That paint is "supposed" to be pretty good for headers, here's the link to their site... http://www.vhtpaint.com/flameproof.html. I used their "on the car" curing instructions so like I said, we'll see how well they hold up.
tim2002gt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 AM
  #17  
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member
 
Dteal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 681
Default

Originally Posted by tim2002gt View Post
I bought them lightly used with the x pipe for $200. They were on a friends car for ~3k miles. Also, mine are just the painted ones, but I did buy some of the VHT Flameproof paint and put a couple coats on them before I installed them. That paint is "supposed" to be pretty good for headers, here's the link to their site... http://www.vhtpaint.com/flameproof.html. I used their "on the car" curing instructions so like I said, we'll see how well they hold up.
thanks! what a deal.... so you felt a prettty good diff with the LT's? I saw the mph you picked up with them. I think im going to pull the trigger on the steel ones also. thanks again
Dteal23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 AM
  #18  
a_penquin
4th Gear Member
 
a_penquin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

Dont fret the steel, Im running the headman's and having no issues. I had some scratches from shipping I had to touch up and did the header wrap, a must in our tight compartments I think. I broke one of the gaskets that came in the kit, so I picked up a couple sets of the steel factory gaskets and doubled them up on each side. 5k later with no leaks, no signs of rust, and running as strong as the day they went in (less smokey though lol)
a_penquin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 AM
  #19  
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member
 
Dteal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 681
Default

Originally Posted by a_penquin View Post
Dont fret the steel, Im running the headman's and having no issues. I had some scratches from shipping I had to touch up and did the header wrap, a must in our tight compartments I think. I broke one of the gaskets that came in the kit, so I picked up a couple sets of the steel factory gaskets and doubled them up on each side. 5k later with no leaks, no signs of rust, and running as strong as the day they went in (less smokey though lol)
sorry bout what do you mean by "FRET" ? im kinda drunk right now lol
Dteal23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:13 AM
  #20  
a_penquin
4th Gear Member
 
a_penquin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

fret= fear
a_penquin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TCStangerv6
Street/Strip
12
10-11-2015 05:57 PM
CS2007
Florida Regional Chapter
0
09-29-2015 12:06 PM
mungodrums
The New S550 2015-2019 Mustang
10
09-28-2015 10:54 PM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory