4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

tonight was a bad night for me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 12:51 AM
04sonicbluegt
2nd Gear Member

Default tonight was a bad night for me!

tonight started off well. put some money down on a nitrous kit. a couple hours after that my girlfriend asks if she can borrow my car, and well i'm not doing anything tonight, so i figure why not. BIG MISTAKE!!!! i get a call from her about 45 min later saying that it's making a weird noise, and won't go anymore lol... so my buddie who does all the work on my car comes and picks me up, and we go out there....trany fluid everywhere, flat tire, fog lights not working. and we get it on the lift at his garage, and the trans is blown!!!! and now i feel like a jerk, because the money i just put down on that kit i've gotta use to fix the trans. i just feel like this whole week has been terrible for me with buying parts. first a guy tells me he'll hold cams for me till today. i send him a message saying i'm sending the money yesterday. and i get the reply "i just sold the to someone else!" so i'm a little upset. i guess peoples words don't mean anything in this world anymore. so i cancel the paypal payment. and they tell me if could take up to 30 days for me to get my money back. so i'm waiting for $400 bucks from that, and now i have to swallow my pride and ask for the money back that i just sent to this guys....talk about a kick in the nuts. the good thing is that my girlfriend is gonna pay half for the new trans. i just hope this guy takes this well, and isn't like oh well to bad for you, you still owe me $100 bucks for the nitrous kit... this is just one of those weeks where i wish i could go do over again you know?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Wow that sucks! Nice of your g/f to pay for some of the tranny cost (seems like a keeper lol). I wouldn't worry to much about asking for your money back, I know no one likes to and it makes the person your buying it from upset but you have to do what is best for you. The tranny comes before the nitrous kit, especially if you don't have money to purchase both at the same time. Sorry to hear about you week.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

your gonna make your gf pay some for that tranny ? How did it bust ? auto or 5 speed ?
Old 10-10-2009, 02:11 PM
04sonicbluegt
2nd Gear Member

lol i didnt make her do anything. she told me that if i didn't let her, she was moving out, so well i'd rather her pay for half, and keep her ya know....but it's alright i'm going to buy her rims and tires for her car, kinda to give the money back lol...and it's an auto. we really havent looked at it yet to see exactly what happened. we are going to try and take it all apart next weekend, since i have to work alot this week, and he works at a garage near by, so it's sitting in there for now.

i still feel like a jerk for having to get the money back ya know, but i told him i'd give him 40 bucks for me wasting his time.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

lol she is a keeper then , o well If he is a decent human being he will understand Sh#t happens.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:19 PM
04sonicbluegt
2nd Gear Member

i have to end up selling everything i have.

the mickey thompson's the stock head lights, plenum and TB

my modded xbox 360 elite with 50 games. and it still prolly won't be enough. but i'm crossing my fingers.

so if anyone wants this stuff let me know!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:20 PM
04sonicbluegt
2nd Gear Member

yeah i have to admit she's awesome! she understands my obsession with my car and stuff lol...and plus she loves going to the race track! i tried to get her to get a mustang and not her celica, but she won't budge. maybe she'll let me turbo it haha
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
03GeeTee
3rd Gear Member

that sucks about the car...

I need to find me a g/f like that tho
Old 10-10-2009, 02:54 PM
04sonicbluegt
2nd Gear Member

lol yeah she's awesome. we split everything down the middle for the most part. she's in school, and working. loved it when i'd street race. heck even wanted to learn how to race. i guess i should have taught her soon lol. she was so upset last night, she started crying and i just felt so bad. i'm just hoping that this guy will give me the money, but who knows. i've had people on here screw me over b4. so for now i'll just have to wait and see. thanks for the support guys!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

What was up with the flat tire and fog lights not working?

Quick Reply: tonight was a bad night for me!