4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

help guys need opinion on next modification!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 AM
preston145
1st Gear Member

i appreciate it man but nitrous refills are free for me and i have three bottles my uncle runs a nitrous shop up here so its all good! And im buying cams next week
Old 10-15-2009, 02:55 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

So you refil the tank up. It's like saying your car runs low on gasoline. Does that mean that it doesn't have constant power? No you just need to upkeep it. In other words when the nitrous tank is low... Fill her up.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
So you refil the tank up. It's like saying your car runs low on gasoline. Does that mean that it doesn't have constant power? No you just need to upkeep it. In other words when the nitrous tank is low... Fill her up.
no ****, but you are out or low and you come across a car at a stop light that wants to play? i could only imagin "hey man time out, wait, lemme refill my bottle and ill meet you back at this stop light in 10 min..." Im not knockin it, but dont try and act like its just as convient and having it there all the time. You CAN'T say **** it and stay on the gas all over town if you were having one of those days or watever... what if decides to go road racing oneday??? yeah ur ****d
Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by preston145
i appreciate it man but nitrous refills are free for me and i have three bottles my uncle runs a nitrous shop up here so its all good! And im buying cams next week
Free refills??? Must be nice!

What cams are you going with?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dteal23
no ****, but you are out or low and you come across a car at a stop light that wants to play? i could only imagin "hey man time out, wait, lemme refill my bottle and ill meet you back at this stop light in 10 min..." Im not knockin it, but dont try and act like its just as convient and having it there all the time. You CAN'T say **** it and stay on the gas all over town if you were having one of those days or watever... what if decides to go road racing oneday??? yeah ur ****d
Why the **** would you run nitrous and have te bottle low? No seriously? My bottle is never low. Never empty. And if one wants to race I have it. **** road racing. It's a mustang... Straight line buddy. If your into road racing, why even why the **** consider nitrous..?

I love the argument that people, WHO DONT RUN NITROUS, tell give them stupid advise. The chances, seriously, of catching me and many others on an empty bottle, is rare. For me never. I have had it for well over a year now. Never been empty. Never. The comment about it about being convieniant... Your wrong because a flip of a switch it's there...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Why the **** would you run nitrous and have te bottle low? No seriously? My bottle is never low. Never empty. And if one wants to race I have it. **** road racing. It's a mustang... Straight line buddy. If your into road racing, why even why the **** consider nitrous..?

I love the argument that people, WHO DONT RUN NITROUS, tell give them stupid advise. The chances, seriously, of catching me and many others on an empty bottle, is rare. For me never. I have had it for well over a year now. Never been empty. Never. The comment about it about being convieniant... Your wrong because a flip of a switch it's there...
lol pull your lil skirt down man... did i tell him something stupid or did i just point out situations that may happen...it was just as example. GOOD FOR YOU that you take the time to always refill your bottle. I am on the gas alot when i drive so thats why I perfer a blower. And the inconvieniant part I was refering to was having to refill the bottle over and over. You dont have to get your panties in a bunch just because you are a fan of nitrous. People like different things so accept it. MY POINT IS that if you felt like mashing on the gas ALL DAY, you couldnt without having to stop and refill your bottle. how many runs do you get with a full bottle??? you know how many runs you get with a blower lol??? sorry I would rather have my blower 247 all day long than to have to ****ing refill bottles when I ran out. Oh and you havent tried road racing maybe you should try it before you knock it... JUST cuz you own a mustang doesnt mean that you ONLY drag race, its quite challenging and alot more exciting. I love drag racing too so dnt start crying about that also. I live 20 min from a track and there are mustangs out there all the time. anyway relax man its a ****in discussion...
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Congrats bro! good luck and have fun sprayin
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dteal23
lol pull your lil skirt down man... did i tell him something stupid or did i just point out situations that may happen...it was just as example. GOOD FOR YOU that you take the time to always refill your bottle. I am on the gas alot when i drive so thats why I perfer a blower. And the inconvieniant part I was refering to was having to refill the bottle over and over. You dont have to get your panties in a bunch just because you are a fan of nitrous. People like different things so accept it. MY POINT IS that if you felt like mashing on the gas ALL DAY, you couldnt without having to stop and refill your bottle. how many runs do you get with a full bottle??? you know how many runs you get with a blower lol??? sorry I would rather have my blower 247 all day long than to have to ****ing refill bottles when I ran out. Oh and you havent tried road racing maybe you should try it before you knock it... JUST cuz you own a mustang doesnt mean that you ONLY drag race, its quite challenging and alot more exciting. I love drag racing too so dnt start crying about that also. I live 20 min from a track and there are mustangs out there all the time. anyway relax man its a ****in discussion...
It's all in the discussion. I've tried road racing and it's not all that exciting. I'd rather be slamed in my seat shear torque from 0-150. Thrill of speed is greater, to me, than the thrill of twisties. I mean twisties are somewhat fun, it just doesn't give me the thrill that top speed gives me. Now to the people that say FI, on his application he is at 10.5:1. Seriously why would anyone put a forced induction on a car with that high compression? So he can run only 6 lbs of boost max? Point taken about your nitrous argument it's just that, sorry to pick on you, but I'm sick of hearing people say oh your going to run out then you need to refil it. Oh and it's not constant because it runs out. You can have your blower 24/7 because in the end, you will still be slower than a nitrous car at the same power level.

Again sorry to pick on you... But I'm just tired of hearing it.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Aint nothing wrong with n2o. Street racing and road racing are two different things. You two started argueing over road racing from someone mentioning a stop light, that is street racing, which should not be promoted. Road racing is great. The guy made a good buy with the n2o and will probably love it.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

It's all in the discussion. I've tried road racing and it's not all that exciting. I'd rather be slamed in my seat shear torque from 0-150. Thrill of speed is greater, to me, than the thrill of twisties. I mean twisties are somewhat fun, it just doesn't give me the thrill that top speed gives me. Now to the people that say FI, on his application he is at 10.5:1. Seriously why would anyone put a forced induction on a car with that high compression? So he can run only 6 lbs of boost max? Point taken about your nitrous argument it's just that, sorry to pick on you, but I'm sick of hearing people say oh your going to run out then you need to refil it. Oh and it's not constant because it runs out. You can have your blower 24/7 because in the end, you will still be slower than a nitrous car at the same power level.

Again sorry to pick on you... But I'm just tired of hearing it.
nah its kool you didnt hurt my feelings. the reason I have this point of view is cuz my buddy runs nitrous and dude is always crying about having to refill the bottle. I didn't just pull that answer out of my ***... no big deal, im sure we will cuss eachother out again lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help guys need opinion on next modification!