4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Well the body work is done (minus paint)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Default Well the body work is done (minus paint)

For those of you that remember a few months ago a deer ruined my day (along with me ruining his). Few weeks of b/s and waiting on insurance, then waiting on parts, and I finally got her back together minus paint. When I can get around to painting her idk yet, but the money and budget are in the works. Also ideas are getting tossed around on paint scheme. Im keeping the lazer red and doing black accents. Headlights, taillights, wheels (still needs done), and window tint (still needs done). Thought about doing a black stripe on the hood or the old boss style stripes. Oppinions would help out, but heres the baby now

Old 10-17-2009, 02:16 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

are you re-painting the whole car???

if you want the red and black theme, repaint the whole car red, spray the front pony black, the fogs black, the bezels around your tails and MAYBE the wing...

otherwise get some tint, wheels/tires, and lowerign springs and i think it will look very nice...
Old 10-17-2009, 02:39 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

That hood looks great!

The SN95 cars are SOOOOO sweet looking.

Can't wait to see it painted man!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:54 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
are you re-painting the whole car???

if you want the red and black theme, repaint the whole car red, spray the front pony black, the fogs black, the bezels around your tails and MAYBE the wing...

otherwise get some tint, wheels/tires, and lowerign springs and i think it will look very nice...
Im going to do a hole respray, it needs it. Thought about the black pony and dont have the money right now for the fogs. Was going to drop it an inch and have black 17" fr500's. I was thinking about painting the hood red, but have the hole cowl as a black stripe, but dont know how it would look, might have xeno get to work lol.

The tails look like this right now, dont know if I want to do the black trim or leave it red (resprayed with the car of course)

04, I know they're sweet looking, hence why I got it and not the edge style. Granted I lost some power in the buy, but that can be fixed
Old 10-17-2009, 03:05 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

IMO you should keep it clean and just repaint the entire car red. a dark red would look ****.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

get the darker shade of laser red when you get it sprayed...almost like a redfire like this...

there are like 1239849023184 shades of laser red lol

and you dont have to buy new fogs... you tell the guy thats painting your cars to just mix some clear and black and smoke the fogs... i dont see the problem with that if you take the fogs out and give them to him. he would probably do it for free...

get xeno to start choppin
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

That red is the **** o.0 could go darker, maybe not. Im already waiting for xeno or someone to chop, have a thread up in the chop section. The fogs are still the original ones from 98 with haze, scratches and what not, so I may be better off getting new ones. If not I'll just get some spray tint and do it myself.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:03 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Well Xeno got some editing done for me Thinking the flat black for the tails and no stripe unless I get some other stripe ideas going.

Gloss

Flat

stripe

no stripe

Old 10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

That stripe looks gay. Go wide and stick with the body lines if you want a stripe.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

that was my plan, but xeno wouldnt shop it for some reason

Quick Reply: Well the body work is done (minus paint)