MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Picked up a 96 GT w/ PI swap this weekend! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/568984-picked-up-a-96-gt-w-pi-swap-this-weekend.html)

nagata 10-18-2009 11:29 PM

Picked up a 96 GT w/ PI swap this weekend!

Well, after a month or so of looking and some serious debate on whether or not I needed a Mustang, I picked up a nicely modified blue 96 GT 5-speed with 63,4xx on it for $6k. Not perfect, some minor chips and stratches and some underbody rust (that I'll be taking care of this winter), but great for a 96. Agreed on the deal mid-last week, then met and made the exchange Saturday evening. I've been like a giddy little kid since :D

I'm PUMPED about this car! The most fun car I've owned, by far, and definitely up there with riding sportbikes. You can see the full list of mods in my sig, but the previous owner did a full PI swap w/ some head work, Comp 262 cams, 4.10 gears, and bolt-ons. Custom tuned and put down 300 hp, 320 tq; it hauls some ass, even if it couldn't hold a candle to some of the monsters running around on this board ;) Pushing the pedal, even part throttle, is fantastic, and full throttle is just a rush! Might take some effort to stay out of trouble with this car.

You can see a couple pics that didn't turn out so well in my album, or here on the CL ad: http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1387615625.html

The only appearance improvements I can see making are: window tint, new headlights because the stockers SUCK and are yellowed, new corners and fogs to go with the headlights, and maybe some tinted tails. The interior is in great shape, needs nothing. Along with the mods, the car has a new master cylinder, rotors, and pads, new radiator, newer tie-rods, and a few other standard maintenance items that are nice so that I don't have to worry about them for a while. It does need new rear tires, gotta decide what I want. As everyone knows, the stock suspension needs help, starting with SFCs and then the rear, so that's what I'll be doing first, then probably move to the front with coil-overs. Goal is to just improve it and drop an inch or so.

My one disappointment so far is the headlights...They're just terrible! Are all stock SN95s that way? Gotta damn near have the brights on to see anything! I didn't think my 08 F-150 had GREAT headlights, but they're amazing in comparison.

Excited to now be a true part of the Mustang community :D

mrtstang 10-18-2009 11:42 PM

Congrates! Looks nice and clean. Those are some pretty good numbers with your mods.

01MGGT 10-19-2009 02:48 AM

One of my fav colors on sn95's!

99BlackPonyGT 10-19-2009 06:57 AM

my fiances uncle almost bought this car but he wouldnt come off of 6800

slimy bastard selling it for 6 now

congrats on the car though

nagata 10-19-2009 07:36 AM

Thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT (Post 6579122)
my fiances uncle almost bought this car but he wouldnt come off of 6800

slimy bastard selling it for 6 now

congrats on the car though

Huh, I guess I got to him at the right time, he had no problem bargaining. He said he'd been trying to sell it since early summer. Thanks!

BraMas 10-19-2009 07:38 AM

Very nice. Glad to see you ended up with that one. It seemed like a really nice car

0hOneGT 10-19-2009 03:47 PM

Good looking car, definately a sleeper

nagata 10-19-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by BraMas (Post 6579149)
Very nice. Glad to see you ended up with that one. It seemed like a really nice car

Thanks BraMas, I'm glad I ended up with this one too. Again, thanks to you (and everyone else) for the input you gave back in my thread about looking for one, that thread definitely helped me make a good choice.

Originally Posted by 0hOneGT (Post 6580031)
Good looking car, definately a sleeper

Thanks, I love the fact that it looks completely stock :) Looks like an innocent NPI with a loud exhaust, and then I open it up...:D