4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

noob looking to get a GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:44 AM
lazorrazor

Originally Posted by JC316
I think you mean 4V. The Mach 1 has the 4V engine. The 05+ stangs have the 3v.
Thanks for catching that, it's late and well... a few beers were consumed!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:09 PM
humanoid

One more question for now, I really like the Bullit rims, what was the first year that the Mustangs had them? How popular are they?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:24 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

You can buy rims pretty cheap.

The 2001 Bullitt was the first to use them, I think.

My 04GT has them.

www.americanmuscle.com has lots of great rims for our cars.

These things are highly addictive to mod!

This was my first performance car and I remember when I first got it I thought it was the fastest thing ever, haha.

Now I think it's pretty slow after driving my dad's 05 3V GT.

Either way, hope you get a good car!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 PM
humanoid

LOL thanks for the reply! I had a '99 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner and I modded that thing out too, goes without saying the wife was pretty pissed. I do have to agree that cars/trucks are very addictive. Thanks for the info and link.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

if you check the classified ads on this forum , there are tons of new edge wheels for sale with tires (Bullits too). Some are great deals and some leaving scratching your head like WTF thats expensive.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Either one if good. When your looking at one check the engine oil level. Make sure the engine pulls hard and that each gear (if 5 speed) engages and doesn't pop out of gear. Check the engine for leaks. When driving try to listen for odd sounds from either engine or rear end. Check to see if all the paint matches (no fading). I found out afterwards that my car was in some sort of accident because the front fender was newer looking then the rest.
I'm sure you knew all of this but since you asked lol

Hope that helped, good luck!
are you talking about your new laser red stang?

if thats the case, your car most likely wasn't in an accident. laser red fades and therefore im willing to bet you that you cant find any 2 panels on the car that match....

and to the OP - make sure all the gears shift well and there is no grinding noises (if its a 5spd) go through all of the gears multiple times
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
are you talking about your new laser red stang?

if thats the case, your car most likely wasn't in an accident. laser red fades and therefore im willing to bet you that you cant find any 2 panels on the car that match....

and to the OP - make sure all the gears shift well and there is no grinding noises (if its a 5spd) go through all of the gears multiple times
Werd !

also OP check the fluid levels including the oil. Make sure if you get a 5 speed there is no chirping noise when you dont have the clutch in (Bad bearing). Also like 4 or 5 mins after start check and see if your rpms are bouncing all over , signs of vacuum leaks and ect. Even if you do find some of them problems that does not mean dont buy it , tells you what kind of shape and gives you some room to bargain on price.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

OT but this thread has pretty much answered the OP's question. The reason I say my car was in an accident was because the front driver's side tires doesn't sit in the wheel well evenly (tire was closer to one side of the well then the other). If I would have noticed that more clearly I would have caught it and asked the previous owner what happened because he hasn't had his phone on for over a month.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
OT but this thread has pretty much answered the OP's question. The reason I say my car was in an accident was because the front driver's side tires doesn't sit in the wheel well evenly (tire was closer to one side of the well then the other). If I would have noticed that more clearly I would have caught it and asked the previous owner what happened because he hasn't had his phone on for over a month.
Haven't I told you to check to make sure your springs are set down in the lower control arm cup? If not, do that. That's your problem.