4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Where did you buy hood scoop decal and rear bumper lower valance decal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default Where did you buy hood scoop decal and rear bumper lower valance decal?

So I picked up a blackout for the Roush looking blackout effect on the rear lower valance of the Stang. Also picked up a decal that fills that indented area in front of the raised hood scoop. I bought them on eBay from a seller called bob6917 for about 20.00 or so bucks. The hood scoop one looks nice but both the original and the replacements have arrived with slight creases before even removing from the sheet for the scoop! Not to mention the rear valance one isn't cut to well, so when you install it the bottom edge doesn't want to stick because of the lip there since the vinyl is a little to tall. So where did you guys buy yours at? If eBay what was the seller? What is your opinion on the pieces you ordered? I am considering just buying from someone else. Stand mods has the lower valance but they want like 30 bucks.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Mine did not fit perfectly either but if you move it around you can make it fit really close with a little overhang that trims off. I would suggest asking for a refund if you have not already, I did that with some of the decals i bought because they were too small and I was reimbursed without the hassle of sending anything back. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I got hood decal from American Muscle. Except for having to trim (just a tiny bit) where the decal meets the scoop, everything else was great.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I got hood decal from American Muscle. Except for having to trim (just a tiny bit) where the decal meets the scoop, everything else was great.
You would think they could get that right lol. that's the only place mine seems to be good! The AM one also goes up the curves on the sides does it not? The one I bought off ebay doesn't. I already contacted the seller so we will see if he can send one more replacement.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

I got my Hood scoop insert from CJPonyParts. I got my rear valance from rocky mountain graphics (along with my rear blackout panel). I had no issues with my hood scoop insert. The rear valance should have some overhang so that you can fold it underneath for the cleaner look. You should have about a 1/4" or so overhang that should stick to the bottom lip of the bumper. It won't stick right away b/c of the liquid but once you get the rest of it flat and bubble-free, use a hair dryer to help dry off the excess and it will get sticky so it will stay. I will take some pics of mine tonight if you want.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pikuoff
I got my Hood scoop insert from CJPonyParts. I got my rear valance from rocky mountain graphics (along with my rear blackout panel). I had no issues with my hood scoop insert. The rear valance should have some overhang so that you can fold it underneath for the cleaner look. You should have about a 1/4" or so overhang that should stick to the bottom lip of the bumper. It won't stick right away b/c of the liquid but once you get the rest of it flat and bubble-free, use a hair dryer to help dry off the excess and it will get sticky so it will stay. I will take some pics of mine tonight if you want.
You can post some pics if you would like. Would kind of like to see the fitment of the graphics actually. I just can't decide who to order from. Stangmods and AM always send me quality stuff so I may use them.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
You would think they could get that right lol. that's the only place mine seems to be good! The AM one also goes up the curves on the sides does it not? The one I bought off ebay doesn't. I already contacted the seller so we will see if he can send one more replacement.
The AM fit perfect in every way, except for where it meets the scoop. It sat perfectly in the recessed area of the hood, and stops about 1" from the bottom of the hood.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

I'll take some good pics tonight since I finally finished installing the rear blackout last night and it was too dark for decent pics. I got my hood scoop decal from CJPP b/c I was buying a bunch of other stuff and got a good discount. Definitely good quality. Look out for some pics later tonight.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

Don't mind the filth...damn rain and leaves falling all over my car made her all dirty again!

Here are some better pics:

These show where I folded the excess under.

The Hoodscoop decal is filthy but I think you can see how it fits. Take the hood scoop off so that the decal goes under the scoop. This was cake to install.

Whole album:
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/h...uoff/Blackout/
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

looks awesome bud. How hard was the decklid one to install? mine form ebay was crappy so I took it back off. Way to much trimming. I want to try and order something I won't have to trim this time. Minus the hood scoop. I kept my old decal so I would have a template to trim where it meets the scoop with heh. My lower valance one looks pretty good now but I still have some tiny bubbles I can't get out

Quick Reply: Where did you buy hood scoop decal and rear bumper lower valance decal?