4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

How much HP/TQ does it takes till your planted in your seat???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Default How much HP/TQ does it takes till your planted in your seat???

I was just wondering how much HP/TQ it takes because I have a procharger installed and was wondering how much it takes before it pins me in my seat? I know suspension is just as important. Any tips on suspension as well?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kongdong
I was just wondering how much HP/TQ it takes because I have a procharger installed and was wondering how much it takes before it pins me in my seat? I know suspension is just as important. Any tips on suspension as well?
If you are talking about getting pined to the seat and not being able to pull your back away from the seat, it requires a whole damn lot. Even those anti-gravity spinning machines at the carnivals can't completely pin me to seat.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JC316
If you are talking about getting pined to the seat and not being able to pull your back away from the seat, it requires a whole damn lot. Even those anti-gravity spinning machines at the carnivals can't completely pin me to seat.
how much a rocket ship has.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JC316
I'm not talking Gravitron power like in the fair but if I stepped on it I would like to feel myself pull backwards. Any idea what numbers I would have to make?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 AM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
take some oxycontin and go for a drive....you will be pinned to your seat, for sure....
That's a powerful pain killer that's for medical purposes. A buddy of mines was taking that to deal with his Leukemia because the pain was so bad all the way up until he died. I'd rather not.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:33 AM
03GeeTee
3rd Gear Member

All i know is that when I'm driving I don't feel too much. But if I'm riding in the passenger seat my car feels alot faster.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 AM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03GeeTee
All i know is that when I'm driving I don't feel too much. But if I'm riding in the passenger seat my car feels alot faster.
I must say that I agree with that comment.

My dad drove me in my car one day, and I was like wow, that feels faster than I thought.

His tuned 05GT still blows me away though! haha
Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

My girlfriend went for a ride with a guy in my club and she said that his car pinned her to the seat and her face felt like it was going fly off. He is putting down 731 hp 645 tq.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:19 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

You will never feel it really pin you to the seat because your ready for it when you mash the gas. My poor GF gets sucked up in the seat every time I get on the highway or something like that lol.. so a geared bolt on car will do it for a passenger. For the driver to feel it though you would most likely need a crapton.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

At what speed are you looking to be thrown into your seat??? Because from a dig, all you gotta do is launch hard and have it stick. I mean with a nice set of control arms and shocks on the rear with some drag tires (radials or slicks) you can probably throw yourself back in your seat pretty easily. But it will take a heck of a lot of power to throw yourself back in your seat while youre going say 40mph.

SilverNGrey, what car was that in and what was done to it???

Quick Reply: How much HP/TQ does it takes till your planted in your seat???