4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

If all gos well

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:52 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Default If all gos well

If all goes well for my buddy with moving and financing I will be taking possession of this in a few weeks. I already have a laundry list of things I want to do and need to improve on, but I guess that's the beauty of it all. It already has an aftermarket exhaust clutch, but not sure of the brands.

So far here's what I am thinking:

Performance

Typhoon Intake Kit
Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda CAI
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
STS

Cosmetic

Interior replacement carpet to change from tan interior to graphite/charcoal
Paint interior plastics
New interior door trim
Dual gauge pillar pod
Recover or replace seats
Gauge cluster w/ dual 2 1/16" pods or radio delete gauge pods (3)
Autometer gauges
New paint
New rims or powdercoat/rechrome existing ones
LED 3rd brake light
Sequential tailighs
Smoked headlights

This is all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Things may or may not come off the list as I really sit down and crunch numbers. This will be an ongoing project because, in my opinion, half the fun is always being able to do something to your ride. Feel free to contact me with suggestions or if anyone is close to Augusta, GA, give me a heads up and I would love to get together once I have the car in my driveway. See ya around.

Todd
Attached Thumbnails If all gos well-img_0573.jpg   If all gos well-img_0574.jpg   If all gos well-img_0404.jpg   If all gos well-img_0401.jpg   If all gos well-img_0570.jpg  

Last edited by todrick; 11-08-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

a few more
Attached Thumbnails If all gos well-img_0399.jpg   If all gos well-img_0405.jpg   If all gos well-img_0576.jpg   If all gos well-img_0407.jpg  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Good luck. Looks pretty good. I would probably not get the intake manifold or CAI, and put money towards gears and tires. Do you know how much exhaust work is done? Mid pipe and headers are good on top of cat back.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Nice Stang and that is quite the list. I'm with lilcrate on this one. I would maybe think about skipping the intake and UDPs and maybe doing gears and a tuner. But otherwise you will have a really nice car after your list is complete.

I am also thinking about switching to a charcoal/black interior as I am having a hard time finding new/lightly used tan interior.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 AM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Really, I thought everybody did CAIs and pulleys? Lilcrate, all 4 tires were replaced about a month and a half ago, along with the brakes. Not sure about the extent of the exhaust work. What gears would you recommend? I have thought about the headers and a tune as well.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Well your right todrick, everybody does do CAI and most do pulleys BUT most everyone who has a CAI/RAI say that they didn't notice much of difference that would justify how much they spent on the CAI/RAI. They, most all the time recommend just getting a K&N air filter and keep the stock tubing and heatshield. Pulleys are debatable because I have read they do something to your car that will shorten your motors life (i'm not real familiar with this issue/topic so I will stop here lol).

For your gears, either get 3.73s or 4.10s. But there is SO MUCH info about which gears to get that I won't go into it as it is a very common question, just search for info. Full exhaust (headers, mid pipe and catback) is going to be very beneficial for you as it will increase HP and allow your car to breathe better. And then a tune will bring all you performance mods together.

Gears, exhaust and a tune are going to make a big difference in your car (for bolt ons).
Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I'll certainly scratch the pulleys off the list and look into getting just the filter. One thing I love about CAIs though is the sound they bring out. I'll go ahead and pencil in a full performance exhaust from front to back just in case what's on there now isn't up to par. I know it's not stock though because of how good it already sounds. One quick question - shorty or long tube for the headers?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Long tube headers FTW!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by todrick
Really, I thought everybody did CAIs and pulleys? Lilcrate, all 4 tires were replaced about a month and a half ago, along with the brakes. Not sure about the extent of the exhaust work. What gears would you recommend? I have thought about the headers and a tune as well.
When I said tires I meant stickies, like two drag radials in the back to go along with the gears, or at least some really good street stickies. Gears and no tire spin=whole new car. 373, 390, 410, 430, just research and see which fit your needs best. i personally think 410 NA, and 373 F/I, but people have done most possible set ups and been satisfied. Long tube headers will be much more rewarding.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Fobra
Banned

Dont do any of that, cut your stock springs, get some new mufflers and a vortech supercharger.... then get all the stuff your talking about

Quick Reply: If all gos well