4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sniper tune and H pipe ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Talking Sniper tune and H pipe ordered

I finally pulled the trigger on the Delta Forces tuning software and an MRT catted H pipe. The H pipe is all stainless and I should get that nice deep rumble that I am looking for since it is a true H pipe. This will be the first real mod for the car so I am excited about what kind of improvements I will see. I was going to do gears and not the H pipe, but I could not find a decent shop here in town that I felt comfortable with or that was not going to charge me an arm and a leg to install the gears. Everything was ordered from Haney Motorsports here in town and Casey was great to work with. As soon as he gets his tools in to do gears then I will be back for 3.73's. I should have everything in about a week so I will update then. Here is a pic of the H pipe.

More info to come as soon as everything is installed. Happy modding!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

nice. if i was gonna do an h pipe, id get the MRT.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Congrats! I had the MRT catted h before my long tubes. You'll really like it. I noticed a slight boost in power, and a huge difference in sound.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Sound should be killer from the H-pipe. my only deal..when I put on my prochamber (with is catless) I noticed a definite decrease in low end power. Now ive heard other people have the same complaint and some people were saying oh it's just in your head or you gained some on the high end so now the low end feels weak in comparison...no, I definitely lost some low end power, but I guess that's just one of the tradeoffs. Now yours being catted might not have the same effect.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I heard that they are really loud for a catted midpipe which is good. lol more sound=better...to an extent. But i felt no loss in low end power from either midpipe switch that i did going from stock to magnaflow catted x to pypes o/r x. Maybe it wasnt that big of gain and you thought you would feel it more.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MJH78
Sound should be killer from the H-pipe. my only deal..when I put on my prochamber (with is catless) I noticed a definite decrease in low end power. Now ive heard other people have the same complaint and some people were saying oh it's just in your head or you gained some on the high end so now the low end feels weak in comparison...no, I definitely lost some low end power, but I guess that's just one of the tradeoffs. Now yours being catted might not have the same effect.
I agree 100%. When i threw on a o/r x pipe (that lasted for 1 day) i lost a noticable amount of torque in the midrange and down low compared to my catted h.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

You won't be sorry with the sniper tuner. I love mine. Once I get deeper into the motor, I want to get a little netbook and install it on there and do tunes right at the track.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

I am not expecting huge numbers with the change on the H pipe, but I had to stay catted due to emissions. I just did not want the hassle if it was not catted. I am really looking forward to the tune. Parts can't come fast enough.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:49 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=teej281;6672544]I heard that they are really loud for a catted midpipe which is good. lol more sound=better...to an extent.

Very true. It was very loud for a catted pipe imo, but with a great tone.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

hey man, you will love the h-pipe. all i have done to my car so far is that pipe and it sounds awesome and you will feel a little bit of a diff in power. not a ton. but ya, it sounds awesome, and i have stock mufflers still!

Quick Reply: Sniper tune and H pipe ordered