MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   some help with codes. 04 GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/576041-some-help-with-codes-04-gt.html)

KoolerSL2 12-04-2009 10:53 AM

some help with codes. 04 GT

her guys my friend bought a 04 GT and its popping up some codes and wondered if i could get some help on where to start working.
and i do not know if this car has a tune in it or not since there was no tuner with the car.

P1237: FPDM malfunction?
P0172 : rich bank 1
P0507: Idle high

i have cured most of the high idle with cleaning the IAC and TB then turning the adjustment screw down.
when you push the gas it wants to hang up for a couple secs around 1700 rpm then will drop down. checked and no vaccum leaks either.

now the rich code is throwing me since im used to seeing both banks throw a code not just 1 bank.

and does anyone have a breakdown of testing and wiring of the FDPM and fuel pump?

i have a feeling someone has hot wired the fuel pump.
when you turn the key to on the fuel pump comes on and stays on!
it dont prime up and turn off like its supposed to.

any help fellas?

thanks

chris

KoolerSL2 12-04-2009 08:08 PM

no one?

945LSTANG 12-04-2009 08:16 PM

FPDM is your fuel pump driver module. sounds like you need a new one.

cliffyk 12-05-2009 06:37 AM

You can lookup the DTCs and see the descriptions, possible causes, and diagnostic aids on my site (click here).

KoolerSL2 12-07-2009 02:26 PM

thanks for the help guys.
but does anyone have the wiring and such for the fuel pump and FPDM?
this car had a boost-a-pump at one time and they have hacked the wiring.
trying to put it back the way it should be.

cliffyk 12-07-2009 05:40 PM

Here are the diagrams for the fuel pump system, from the '03 shop manual.

Page 1 is the system overview, page 2 is the FPDM/etc., page 3 is the fuel pump relay--I have been ill (recovering from a mild stroke) and it took me a while to extract them--didn't want to promise something I couldn't deliver in my earlier post...

KoolerSL2 01-16-2010 08:12 PM

knoiw this thread is old.
but we finally fixed the problems!
the High idle and O2 code fixed themselfs, just drove the piss out of it with some good gas.
the FPDM we went through the ford testing manual and after testing showed replace the FPDM.
well before we ordered the FPDM we also checked on the gas tank seal around the sending unit since it seemed to be leaking.
when we droped the tank and took out the sending unit we found the problems....
Some idiot PINCHED BOTH THE POWER AND GROUND WIRES FOR THE FUEL PUMP between the sender hat and the tank!
and well what do you know, we fixed the wires and tucked them inside the tank and wala!
no more tank leak and the FPDM started working like is should and no more CEL!

so theres some advice, always check the wiring when every the CEL shows FPDM problems!