4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

GTConcepts Sequential Taillight Review

Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default GTConcepts Sequential Taillight Review

Hey guys. Added some sequential taillights to my Mustang. They were under 50 bucks on ebay. The company has a website, gtconcepts.net, and sell through their website and through ebay. The ebay price is a little bit discounted over their website price. They have absolutely top-notch customer service. I had an issue with my install and they responded to my questions extremely fast and with helpful ideas and answers - multiple times throughout a couple days until I figured out what happened.

It is a splice in kit - but literally it is easy to install. You need a deep 7/16 socket to remove your taillights and you would need some wire cutters and a crimping tool. With those in hand, the install should be extremely doable and quite simple.

The final result is awesome. The lights are brighter than they were stock (and they are supposed to be because of the kit) and the lights are sequential when braking (light up sequentially then remain solid), turn signals, or when hazards are on. Although the flash rate is a little fast, this seems to be because of the flasher unit on the car. (And it can be altered by altering the capacitor on the flasher unit, but I did not try that and don't think I will because the lights move at an acceptable rate.)

Overall, it is definitely worth looking into and buying if you wanted sequentials without paying the big amount that most companies want for their kits. On top of a quality product, they offer fantastic service, and there eBay record backs that up as well. I would highly, highly recommend you look into their kit!

Here is the video!

Those are the hazards. The turn signals look the same but only on one side obviously. When braking, they go in order, 1-2-3 then stay solid (as long as you hold the brake pedal).

Last edited by bopiela; 12-05-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Adding Video!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

How bout a vid?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
How bout a vid?
i will try to get one up tomorrow. im not sure my camera will show it very well at night.!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

+10000 vid
Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

What, no one trusts me? We all need a video? Haha. I'll work on it.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

That's a great price.

BTW, do you still have your car out, or is it in storage now?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

It hasn't snowed yet! I'm still drivin it. It will be used minimally in the winter when I don't have access to a plow truck (i'll be plowing this winter.... ugh haha). Or on nice days it'll be out. But I will park it and have the chance to work on it more this winter!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Where at in MI are you from???
Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
It hasn't snowed yet! I'm still drivin it. It will be used minimally in the winter when I don't have access to a plow truck (i'll be plowing this winter.... ugh haha). Or on nice days it'll be out. But I will park it and have the chance to work on it more this winter!
We got our first snow today in Bay City, lol. Both my babies are snug like a bug in a rug.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
We got our first snow today in Bay City, lol. Both my babies are snug like a bug in a rug.
Oh yeah, was it just basically a dusting? I can't wait for spring already lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTConcepts Sequential Taillight Review