4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Cars getting broken into around me

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Default Cars getting broken into around me

Hey guys. Last night my neighbors truck was broken into, they stole tons a power tools and stuff like that. I live in a pretty safe, rural neighborhood. Usually stuff like this never happens. Im afraid for the stang now, not to sure what they would get out of it, i just dont want to deal with replacing a window or a lock. I remember someone saying something about how they got their lock tampered with, and they got in? I'm scurred.

I have all the lights on outside, hope im safe. I gotta do something though, any suggestions?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:06 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

ya, dont keep anything valuable or anything that appears valuable in your car. especially not visible in your car.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

the only thing that looks valuable, is my hurst **** haha
Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah dont leave your valuables out in view, tint your windows that can help too. Maybe an aftermarket alarm.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Dont keep your garage door opener in there along w/ the registration... i hear alot of people are breaking into cars stealing the garage door opener and finding the adress of the person on the registration... then they go and rob you. Thats even worse then getting **** stolen from your car
Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

dont have garage door openers, we have number pads for every door on our house. Thats kinda a bad thing though because if they get a number were screwed. but i keep that info private so its all good. I've always been thinking about tinting the windows, what tint is legal in the front? isnt it something like 35% ? and that might give some people more of a reason to break in.. if they cant see in, maybe theirs something good on the other side??
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Not sure about where u are from but in MI no tint is legal on the front winshield or the 2 side windows... but i have 20% and never been bothered, so it just depends on if the cop is a jerk or not. Just make sure u dont go to dark because it will be impossible to see at night
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
0440thgt
2nd Gear Member

If they're not stealing vehicles themselves, leave your car doors unlocked and don't leave anything private in the car.

Maybe even try to block your car in so there is no way they could steal it.

Could save you a broken window.

I HATE a thief with a passion!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

yeah im not planning on going limo black or anything im just afraid some ******* cop is gonna key it, then im gonna have to scrape it off and get it re-tinted. ill just roll my windows all the way down every time i see a cop. i see people do it all the time around here.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0440thgt
If they're not stealing vehicles themselves, leave your car doors unlocked and don't leave anything private in the car.

Maybe even try to block your car in so there is no way they could steal it.

Could save you a broken window.

I HATE a thief with a passion!
haha, never herd that one, but yeah my car is blocked in buy an SUV in the front, Cadillac on the side, and basketball net on the other. so i dont think its going any where anytime soon

Quick Reply: Cars getting broken into around me