MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Just got another Mustang!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/578844-just-got-another-mustang.html)

Z28KLR 12-26-2009 05:51 PM

Just got another Mustang!!

Just wanted to share my happiness, as I just inherited my father's '67 coupe. He passed away a couple of years ago and my stepmother decided to give it to me as a Christmas gift this year. Words escape me for how much this means....

Anyway, about the car.... It's a '67 coupe, red w/ black interior, 200 6 cyl, auto. It was restored about 12 years ago (full body and paint resto, rebuilt engine and trans). There's a few things that could use a little freshening or replacement, like I think the grill is original as it shows some age, but just little stuff like that. Other than that, I just need to go through it and change fluids and look over it for maintenance items since it hasn't been driven in a long time and she'll be good to go. I'm not sure yet what plans, if any, I have for the car, in any case it'll be a while before I get around to doing anything major with it. For now I'll just drive and enjoy it; I'll try to get a few pics up when it gets delivered.

H0SS302 12-26-2009 05:53 PM

I wouldnt jack with it. Leave it like it is and just enjoy it.

boduke0220 12-26-2009 06:01 PM

sweet man post some pics! yea i'd leave it how it is, those 6cyls will be rare one day because alot of people swap in v8's. some dude on SVTP got a lambo for christmas

H0SS302 12-26-2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by boduke0220 (Post 6713112)
sweet man post some pics! yea i'd leave it how it is, those 6cyls will be rare one day because alot of people swap in v8's. some dude on SVTP got a lambo for christmas

+1, not only that but its restored how your dad wanted it. I dunno how you are with things like that but the car will always be a part of your dad that you get to keep. If you change it, it kinda looses its sentimental value. At least it would for me anyways.

02stang2113 12-26-2009 06:06 PM

Sorry to hear about that... but id leave it alone

wrr1020 12-26-2009 06:07 PM

Wow, thats an awesome present. I'd keep it just the way it is and only replace parts when they need replacing. It was restored to your dads wants so keep it as is.

THEBLACKSTANG 12-26-2009 06:47 PM

Congrats! I'm looking forward to pics

Z28KLR 12-26-2009 06:56 PM

If anything I'm just thinking maybe a disc brake/ 5 lug conversion and some replica Shelby wheels, period correct of course. But like I said, anything if at all is a long ways off. And the 6's have their own charm to them, so I don't imagine it going anywhere; although he did once say if he had it do do again he would've done a small block V8, so you never know.... Thanks for the replies everybody, hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas as well.

StripeyGT 12-26-2009 07:33 PM

Your stepmom rocks! :icon_eddie: That's awesome. For whatever it's worth, I'd leave it alone to with the exception of the items needed to make it perfect.

98redstang 12-26-2009 08:06 PM

+1 to what everyone else said. Just replace the parts that need replacement. Id keep it original as possible.