MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   What Mods Next; Performance & Looks (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/578937-what-mods-next-performance-and-looks.html)

02stang2113 12-27-2009 05:38 PM

What Mods Next; Performance & Looks

Okay so im at the point in my Mustang life where i pretty much have all the basic performance mods and exterior mods... Here is where i am
Performance:
JBA HEADERS
BBK X PIPE
SSS CAT BACK (own, getting put on soon)
CAI
PLENUM
THROTTLE BODY
U/D PULLYS
3.73 GEARS
AUTOLOGIC CHIP

Exterior mods:
MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER
MACH 1 GRILL DELETE (own, getting on soon)
TINTS
LOWERING SPRINGS (own, getting on after winter)
BLACK BULLITT RIMS
BLACK HEADLIGHT COVERS
REAR M U S T A N G DECAL (stainless)

I believe i covered it all, may be missing some minor things.
As far as performance im thinking maybe a handheld tuner or cams because im still trying to avoid s/c or nitrous (its a daily driver and im a poor college student)
And for Looks i thought maybe rear trunklid black out or tail light tints and not sure what else...

BTW car is silver 02 GT

So what are you thinking... Give prices too if u can & pictures

mrtstang 12-27-2009 05:43 PM

The tail light tint looks good imo. As far as power goes, cams would be cool...especially after the new exhaust:D

If you get serious with the cam idea, let me know, because my buddy will do the install really cheap.

02stang2113 12-27-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrtstang (Post 6714664)
The tail light tint looks good imo. As far as power goes, cams would be cool...especially after the new exhaust:D

If you get serious with the cam idea, let me know, because my buddy will do the install really cheap.

Oh really? How much do u think it would be?

And also... not sure if i told u but i got the grill delete and lowering springs for christmas!!! :icon_mrgreen:

mrtstang 12-27-2009 05:53 PM

Yeah i saw that congrats!

He'll probably charge around $35 per hr. I'll find out. The cool thing is that he'll degree them, and make sure everything is perfect. Most shops won't do the degreeing. He's done a few modular Mustangs already.

bopiela 12-27-2009 06:30 PM

yes. congrats on the christmas gifts. and a tuner would probably be a great addition for ya!

WannaBeGearHead 12-27-2009 06:35 PM

Suspension goodies would be where I would go next or build the rearend. Suspension stuff I would start with is shocks and struts then rear LCAs.

I'm not sure what your goals are for your car so anything other than suspension is difficult for me to suggest even though cams, s/c, turbo or nitrous and new block is about what is left for you to do.

02stang2113 12-27-2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrtstang (Post 6714684)
Yeah i saw that congrats!

He'll probably charge around $35 per hr. I'll find out. The cool thing is that he'll degree them, and make sure everything is perfect. Most shops won't do the degreeing. He's done a few modular Mustangs already.

Well i dont know too much about cams besides thay arent too crazy expensive, they are good power adders, and also some make the car sound beastly lol but how many hours do they usually take to install?

WannaBeGearHead 12-27-2009 08:57 PM

Cam install

Cam degree

mrtstang 12-27-2009 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 02stang2113 (Post 6714902)
Well i dont know too much about cams besides thay arent too crazy expensive, they are good power adders, and also some make the car sound beastly lol but how many hours do they usually take to install?

To do cams and matching cam gears (instead of degreeing the current ones) my buddy thinks it'll take 5-6 hours based on his experience.

dStuck 12-27-2009 09:13 PM

well for looks, the tail light tint and trunk lid black out always looks awesome