4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Review MRT H pipe and Sniper tune with video

Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Smile Review MRT H pipe and Sniper tune with video

Now that I have been able to drive the car for a while with the new MRT catted H pipe and tune I thought I would put up a little review for those that may be thinking of doing either one of these.

MRT H pipe - This is a quality unit. All made of 304 stainless steel with high flow cats. I think it is 3" tubing. I love the sound quality and it has a bit deeper tone then my stock pipe. It does hang a bit lower and I have only scrapped once, because I took the speed bump a bit too fast. I will know next time. It is a bit pricey, but I have always been the believer that you get what you pay for. I also needed it with cats due to AZ emission laws. I don't need that headache. I did not do the install, but watched it get done and it seemed fairly straight forward. My car did not need the O2 extensions. Overall I would give this a 9 for fit, quality and sound.

Sniper Special Forces - I researched all of the tuners out there for this car and after all I decided on the Sniper and I am glad I did. I don't know that much about tuning, but this unit goes over all the detail you need to really get what you want out of the car. Even for a novice like me it was pretty straight forward. I did get a little help getting it set up from Casey at Haney Motorsports, but after playing with it a bit since then it is fun. There is not much I can change at this point until I get more mods, but you can feel a difference in the car and how it performs. The tune is set for 91 octane which is the highest we have here. I have been checking my gas mileage and I am getting about 20-21 miles a gallon with 80% freeway and the rest city driving. Some spirited driving thrown in for fun. Not bad for a car like this. Overall I would give this an 8, because I have not done enough to the car to get the full benefits out of it.

Ok now to the fun stuff. Took a video of my stock H pipe and then of the MRT H pipe. I have Aero Turbine welded in mufflers which the previous owner put on so everyone knows. Enjoy and let the modding continue~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-SyyBQp0i8
Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Congrats! Sounds good.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
jedquist
1st Gear Member

sounds great
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Sounds great man...i LOVED my MRT H pipe...i had to change it cuz of my LTs...i miss it!

Congrats!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Sounds great man...i LOVED my MRT H pipe...i had to change it cuz of my LTs...i miss it!

Congrats!
lol...i felt the same way when i sold mine, and got the long tubes.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Hey mustangmancp. I love your h pipe, hahaha. And I told scooter he would love his. I still cannot wait to get a catback to pair it with. but thats what 2010 is for!!

congrats and good reviews scooter.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Car sounds real nice man. Congrats. I'd love to hear those mufflers with an x pipe.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
Hey mustangmancp. I love your h pipe, hahaha. And I told scooter he would love his. I still cannot wait to get a catback to pair it with. but thats what 2010 is for!!

congrats and good reviews scooter.
Glad your enjoying it! lol
Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 AM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Very nice. And i hear alot of good about the mrt H... hope it continues to bring u good
Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Thanks everyone. Now I just need to mate that H pipe up to a nice catback and get some gears and I should be golden for a while. The car is a blast to drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review MRT H pipe and Sniper tune with video