4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Not 2 funny at 1st, but then I had to laugh

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
99MIstang

Default Not 2 funny at 1st, but then I had to laugh

ok, today I was driving my 99 gt 5spd to get a photo taken, ok, sitting at the red light, put it in nuetral as I always do with a stick shift at a light, then BUMP! I thought maybe my foot slipped off the clutch and I knocked it in gear by accident, then I relized someone hit me from behind, only going like 5mph, but enough to move my car foward, so<

i see a gas station, i pull in there to see the damage, the lady pulls her car in front of my stang, I get out of the car, as the lady got out of her car also, OOops, she forgets to put her car in park, so then her car once again starts to move and BANG!, hits the front of my car now, it was like slow motion ,

I was like, Holly ***, mind you I just bought this on the weekend, I looked at her and I said are you on drugs lady, are you drunk? , she said no, its my dog, then a dog pops out from her car and she said the dog was trying to drive , he does that all the time, I put my hands over my face for like 5 minutes and took a walk for about a block, I then just looked at my car, it was ok, then I just sped out of there like no 2morrow in worries she would hit the side of my car now or something, Crazy , but now I have to laugh as i calmed down, thought I would share cuz i never thought something like that could EVER! happen. So the car is now sitting until I can build up the ***** to put her at risk again and cruising with the old womans sunfire...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

So you got hit twice and left without any info?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99MIstang
ok, today I was driving my 99 gt 5spd to get a photo taken, ok, sitting at the red light, put it in nuetral as I always do with a stick shift at a light, then BUMP! I thought maybe my foot slipped off the clutch and I knocked it in gear by accident, then I relized someone hit me from behind, only going like 5mph, but enough to move my car foward, so<

i see a gas station, i pull in there to see the damage, the lady pulls her car in front of my stang, I get out of the car, as the lady got out of her car also, OOops, she forgets to put her car in park, so then her car once again starts to move and BANG!, hits the front of my car now, it was like slow motion ,

I was like, Holly ***, mind you I just bought this on the weekend, I looked at her and I said are you on drugs lady, are you drunk? , she said no, its my dog, then a dog pops out from her car and she said the dog was trying to drive , he does that all the time, I put my hands over my face for like 5 minutes and took a walk for about a block, I then just looked at my car, it was ok, then I just sped out of there like no 2morrow in worries she would hit the side of my car now or something, Crazy , but now I have to laugh as i calmed down, thought I would share cuz i never thought something like that could EVER! happen. So the car is now sitting until I can build up the ***** to put her at risk again and cruising with the old womans sunfire...
Wow.... That is insane..... I have been bumped like that before, but in my old Saturn. I thought that the clutch lost pressure and it killed it. Older guy had his dog in the car and wasn't paying attention. Like your case, my car was undamaged. Glad to hear that there was no damage.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

That's crazy lol! Where are you at in MI if you don't mind my asking?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

haha thats deff a story to remember.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:52 PM
99MIstang

Originally Posted by mrtstang
That's crazy lol! Where are you at in MI if you don't mind my asking?
Yea, no damage at all, if I didnt have it in neutral , the hit from behind I think it would have left a dent, the front no damage either, not even a scratch ,so I just told the lady I wont do anything and its ok in my best manners without wanting to rip her head off, god was with me today i guess, I live in Lansing, it happened on S.Pennsylvanne drive...are you from MI
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I would have gotten info and taken it to a body shop to see if there was any real damage because there were bound to be some sort of damage done. But too late now.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 PM
99MIstang

Originally Posted by teej281
I would have gotten info and taken it to a body shop to see if there was any real damage because there were bound to be some sort of damage done. But too late now.
yea, your probally right, I am kind of regretting I didn't , but it drives fine and it was only like a 5mph hit, i think the bumpers can handle that kind of blow at that speed if I am not mistaken,? ? ? I am going to take it into a shop just to double check in the morning to make sure nothing is wrong, if there is, then I guess I will be paying , but I really dont think anything is wrong,
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well you'll probably have some sort of scratches on the bumpers that will probably eat away at you for a while. I know it ate at me everytime i looked at my car with scratches on the front bumper that my dumba$$ caused.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99MIstang
Yea, no damage at all, if I didnt have it in neutral , the hit from behind I think it would have left a dent, the front no damage either, not even a scratch ,so I just told the lady I wont do anything and its ok in my best manners without wanting to rip her head off, god was with me today i guess, I live in Lansing, it happened on S.Pennsylvanne drive...are you from MI
Yeah, i'm in Canton at the moment. I'm from Howell, and have my car stored out there. I bounce between both towns on a weekly basis.

Not to change the subject, but are you familiar with Onondaga Dragway? It's just south of Lansing, and i hear they might be opening it to the public this year. It's privately owned at the moment from what i've heard.

Last edited by mrtstang; 01-05-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Not 2 funny at 1st, but then I had to laugh